Vintage Campy Record / Mafac Rims / Clement Sewups

Discussion in 'Road Bike Accessories' started by Crazy Dave, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Crazy Dave

Crazy Dave New Member

Hi Guys,

I used to race when I was a kid in Louisiana and was the 1985 Junior State Road Champ . I'm 42 now and I stopped racing when I was 16. These have been in my closet. I'm not sure how many miles they have on them. No more than 1000 I would guess. The races for juniors were limited in length to 35 or 40 miles.

These are 700c, Mafac GP4 rims with 36 holes, Campy Record hubs. They come with the Clement Criterium Sewups. And, I'm including the Vittoria wheel covers. You can see I did a sloppy glue job. I never did figure out how to do that very well.The rear wheel is missing the skewer. The rear hub is marked England 1.370" X 24. One of the rims has a little road rash on one side. It's not bad.

They spin smooth. I'm not sure if the tires are safe to ride. The rubber / sidewalls seems to be supple and not dried out or cracked. I pumped them up a little and the seem to hold air. But, you need to really check them out before using. I would remove them and reglue them if you did want to try to ride them.

Anyway, these are the real deal. I take good care of my stuff and these are no exeption.
    I'm not sure what they will cost to ship...maybe $40. I will charge the actual cost and will ship either USPS or UPS.

This is my first post but I've sold a lot of stuff on the net. I'm a business owner and here's my company web site. www.halekuike.com

I'm home in Louisiana for the holidays and would need to ship these before the 30th since I'll be returning back to Hawaii.

Feel free to contact me. I'm not sure what they are worth. I'd be curious to know what you think they are worth...if you have an idea. I'm not in a big rush to sell them. I just figured I'd never use them again and someone else may enjoy them for their vintage collection.

Here's some photos of these wheels and some other training wheels... Let me know if you are interested in any of the wheels. Thanks.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/113219679538884191270/PicasaBike?authkey=Gv1sRgCOnLsf7mrMn-Iw#5689884668711149362

Thanks,
    Dave

Tags: