Vintage lugged steel bikes

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by antikeye, Aug 13, 2004.

1. oldbobcat

oldbobcat Well-Known Member

IBy the way, Normano, by your photos I can tell your Normano is gorgeous. The curve of the front fork is just right.

2. 2WheelsGood

2WheelsGood New Member

I have a 1973 Paramount with maybe 2,500 miles on it if that. The Brooks saddle isn't even broken in. There's barely a mark on it, so it doesn't get ridden anymore. It just sits around looking pretty. The little guy in the second to last picture is me helping my dad build it way back in '73, and the last is me with the bike now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. big Pete

big Pete New Member

I share your views. I have a 88 lugged Bianchi Strada lx. I just picked up a Peugeot(sp?) sport 2000 from the garbage. These are great bikes but I am running out of places to get the 126 mm hubs with the barings that are close to the drop out points like these http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_e-f.html#freehub
    (I am 6'4" and 250 pounds and I do not bend the axle when this hub is used) And for the same thing I am not sure I want to extend the back fork by 4mm. I am also building a new alu bike I will se how long that lasts ... I have five years for the frame warranty to run out. I wish I could still get steal bikes off the peg I know of two that still exist but I have no money for them.

Pete