General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Virgin cake -- with extra virgins!

Started by Serene · · Last activity · 3 posts · 209 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
10 April 2006
Last activity
10 April 2006
Original author
Serene
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
209
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. So I had some friends over for dinner tonight, and while I was getting
    the house ready, I was chatting with Damsel in rfc chat, and she got
    me wanting to make chocolate cake.

    I have never made chocolate cake before.

    So I looked at the recipe for Black Magic Cake (
    http://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipes/detail.asp?id=4754&page=1&per=1&keyword=black%20magic%20cake#
    ) and thought to myself, "Hey, I have all that stuff, I think."

    Got out the pan, started making the cake, and realized I had no
    vegetable oil, just extra-virgin olive oil. What the hell, I tossed
    it in.

    So basically, my first (or "virgin"😉 chocolate cake had extra virgins
    in it.

    Moistest cake I've ever had. It's nearly gone. Yum. Yum. Yum!

    (Dinner was good, too. A "roasted" theme. Spaghetti with roasted
    tomato sauce and roasted garlic. Roasted asparagus. Tomato salad
    (not roasted). And the cake, along with some ice cream for those who
    wanted it. Very good all around.)

    Serene

  2. Serene said:

    Spaghetti with roasted tomato sauce and roasted garlic.

    Mmmmm. I like that idea... got a recipe to post?

    --

    Practice safe eating. Always use condiments.

  3. "Serene" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    So I had some friends over for dinner tonight, and while I was getting
    the house ready, I was chatting with Damsel in rfc chat, and she got
    me wanting to make chocolate cake.

    I have never made chocolate cake before.

    So I looked at the recipe for Black Magic Cake (
    http://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipes/detail.asp?id=4754&page=1&per=1&keyword=black%20magic%20cake#
    ) and thought to myself, "Hey, I have all that stuff, I think."

    Got out the pan, started making the cake, and realized I had no
    vegetable oil, just extra-virgin olive oil. What the hell, I tossed
    it in.

    So basically, my first (or "virgin"😉 chocolate cake had extra virgins
    in it.

    Moistest cake I've ever had. It's nearly gone. Yum. Yum. Yum!

    (Dinner was good, too. A "roasted" theme. Spaghetti with roasted
    tomato sauce and roasted garlic. Roasted asparagus. Tomato salad
    (not roasted). And the cake, along with some ice cream for those who
    wanted it. Very good all around.)

    Serene

    That is absolutely my favorite chocolate cake recipes, and it's been the base for
    many a birthday cake around these parts. I've never found a recipe that turns out as
    moist and chocolaty as that one. I sometimes add Medaglia D'Oro instant espresso,
    which makes it even more divine.

    kimberly

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.