Virgin Ms. X

justen wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>> http://tinyurl.com/5xow4
>>
>> Cherry popping will be this weekend.
>>

> Those tires look used.
>
> Justen

The new ones hadn't arrived yet so I put some old ones on. I had to
setup the derraileur some way and without riding and adjusting it never
works right.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> justen wrote:
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/5xow4
>>>
>>> Cherry popping will be this weekend.
>>>

>> Those tires look used.
>>
>> Justen

> The new ones hadn't arrived yet so I put some old ones on. I had to
> setup the derraileur some way and without riding and adjusting it
> never works right.

The SRAM should have worked fine w/o riding for more setup but then I've
never used the thumb shifter approach either. I've never had to mess with
my grip shifts once I've set them up per instructions other than adjusting
for cable stretch.

No more shimano derailleurs for me.

Gary

GeeDubb wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>>justen wrote:

>>>Those tires look used.
>>>
>>>Justen

>>The new ones hadn't arrived yet so I put some old ones on. I had to
>>setup the derraileur some way and without riding and adjusting it
>>never works right.

> The SRAM should have worked fine w/o riding for more setup but then I've
> never used the thumb shifter approach either. I've never had to mess with
> my grip shifts once I've set them up per instructions other than adjusting
> for cable stretch.
>
> No more shimano derailleurs for me.
>
> Gary

They were actually pretty close to perfect. The front actually gave me
the most problem, but it usually does. I can't do grip shifters. It's
just too awkward. The SRAM's will take a little getting used to
compared to XTR. I keep forgetting it's only the thumb.

I took it out on the little piece of trail I built (.25 miles) across
the street from my house this morning. What a tremendous difference in
the ride compared to my other bikes. People are not kidding when they
say how tight the ride is. I was thinking it was all hype, but I have
to say it is extremely responsive. The SPV in the Manitou works.
Another thing I thought was just hype. It stayed nice and firm until I
took a good hit and it went into action. Now I just have to put it to
use on a real hill/mountain. Unfortunately we are riding Pennypack on
Sunday which is not a good test.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> They were actually pretty close to perfect. The front actually gave
> me the most problem, but it usually does. I can't do grip shifters. It's
> just too awkward. The SRAM's will take a little getting used to
> compared to XTR. I keep forgetting it's only the thumb.

I'll admit the first bike I had with GS felt awkward for the first ride.
I've got buddies who just hate them, complaining about their hands falling
asleep (must have a death grip).

So how does just a thumb lever shift up and down?

Gary (never seen the SRAM shifters)

GeeDubb wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>>They were actually pretty close to perfect. The front actually gave
>>me the most problem, but it usually does. I can't do grip shifters. It's
>>just too awkward. The SRAM's will take a little getting used to
>>compared to XTR. I keep forgetting it's only the thumb.
>>

> I'll admit the first bike I had with GS felt awkward for the first ride.
> I've got buddies who just hate them, complaining about their hands falling
> asleep (must have a death grip).
>
> So how does just a thumb lever shift up and down?
>
> Gary (never seen the SRAM shifters)

It's a push-push system. You push in one lever with the thumb to go up
gear and then you push up on another lever to go down gear. Similar to
Shimano but the placement is different.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Unfortunately we are riding Pennypack on Sunday which is not a good test.

Kramer?

Bill "obscure Seinfeld reference" S.

PS: Why "Ms."???

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>>Unfortunately we are riding Pennypack on Sunday which is not a good test.

> Kramer?
>
> Bill "obscure Seinfeld reference" S.

OK. I've seen every Seinfeld a hundred times, but I don't get the
reference. How about a clue?

> PS: Why "Ms."???

Well, she is mine but we are not married yet.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>>
>>> Unfortunately we are riding Pennypack on Sunday which is not a good
>>> test.

>> Kramer?
>>
>> Bill "obscure Seinfeld reference" S.

> OK. I've seen every Seinfeld a hundred times, but I don't get the
> reference. How about a clue?

One of his "identities" was "Pennypacker". (Unless it was Jerry -- Puerto
Rico Day episode???)

>> PS: Why "Ms."???
>>

> Well, she is mine but we are not married yet.

OK, why "she"?

Bill "my Switchblade's a dude, dude" S.

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>>Bill Sornson wrote:

>>>Kramer?
>>>
>>>Bill "obscure Seinfeld reference" S.

>>OK. I've seen every Seinfeld a hundred times, but I don't get the
>>reference. How about a clue?

> One of his "identities" was "Pennypacker". (Unless it was Jerry -- Puerto
> Rico Day episode???)
>

>>>PS: Why "Ms."???
>>>

>>Well, she is mine but we are not married yet.

> OK, why "she"?
>
> Bill "my Switchblade's a dude, dude" S.

Here ya go.

Why my bike is better than a woman (Jessica Alba would be the exception):

You can ride them all day and they don't complain about how many times
or how often.

The euphoria after a long ride is as good as and lasts longer than an
orgasm.

You don't have to worry about recipricol pleasure.

When they get old or broken down you can replace them without losing
half your money.

Feel free to add to the list.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
> "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>http://tinyurl.com/5xow4

> Let's hope you don't have any problems with those really expensive wheels!

Is there something I should know? I spoke with quite a few people who
assured me of the AC quality plus they were a lot less then Mavic
Crossmax or CK's.

>>Cherry popping will be this weekend.

> Does the SO know? Is there an SO?

Yeh, and they are all for some group action!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

> Is there something I should know? I spoke with quite a few people who
> assured me of the AC quality plus they were a lot less then Mavic Crossmax
> or CK's.

Yep, but AFAIK, you can't replace rims easily since AC doesn't sell them
separately, and at ~$500 a pair, they're wheels that would just make me
cringe in general. I'd feel like I'm riding on glass wheels, afraid to do
anything remotely bumpy on them. I used to have to replace Rhyno Lites once
every 5 or 6 months because I was hard/unsmooth/n00by on them. Doing much
better now though on a generic $80 wheelset.

If you're a racer type though, and can afford it (God knows I can't) then
it's kickass!

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
>>Is there something I should know? I spoke with quite a few people who
>>assured me of the AC quality plus they were a lot less then Mavic Crossmax
>>or CK's.

> Yep, but AFAIK, you can't replace rims easily since AC doesn't sell them
> separately, and at ~$500 a pair, they're wheels that would just make me
> cringe in general. I'd feel like I'm riding on glass wheels, afraid to do
> anything remotely bumpy on them. I used to have to replace Rhyno Lites once
> every 5 or 6 months because I was hard/unsmooth/n00by on them. Doing much
> better now though on a generic $80 wheelset.
>
> If you're a racer type though, and can afford it (God knows I can't) then
> it's kickass!

Not a racer type (yet) but I don't plan on doing any hucking with this
bike. That's what the Id is for. For the flat Piney trails and even
the Delaware stuff I think I will be OK. I have never busted a rim.
Spokes, yes but a rim no.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Looks a lot like the kit I have for my Jamis. Even the front and rear
triangles are remarkably similar. Nice ride, dude!

Pop away...