vision anomalies and heart drugs

Uplbet

Guest
Over the last few months I have been experiencing some
strange anomalies in my vision every time I happen to rotate
my eyes (without rotating my head) in any direction, in
order to watch any object, no matter its distance, located
some 40 degrees or more off-axis. Describing such anomalies
is somewhat difficult for me, anyway here I do my best: -
fatiguing and difficult focusing of the off-axis objects -
difficult and unstable combining of the right and left eye
views of the off-axis objects -surge of slight dizziness.

Note: no problem at all with my straight ahead viewing, and
no need for eyeglasses.

For a number of reasons, I suspect a collateral effect from
one (or more) of the drugs I take to treat my heart
problems: -flecainide, 150mg daily (my number one suspect)
-sotalol, 160mg daily -ticlopidine, 250mg daily.

What is your opinion about that?
--
uplbet
(in email reply delete 01234 from the address)

uplbet wrote:

> Over the last few months I have been experiencing some
> strange anomalies in my vision every time I happen to
> rotate my eyes (without rotating my head) in any
> direction, in order to watch any object, no matter its
> distance, located some 40 degrees or more off-axis.
> Describing such anomalies is somewhat difficult for me,
> anyway here I do my best: -fatiguing and difficult
> focusing of the off-axis objects -difficult and unstable
> combining of the right and left eye views of the off-axis
> objects -surge of slight dizziness.
>
> Note: no problem at all with my straight ahead viewing,
> and no need for eyeglasses.
>
> For a number of reasons, I suspect a collateral effect
> from one (or more) of the drugs I take to treat my heart
> problems: -flecainide, 150mg daily (my number one suspect)
> -sotalol, 160mg daily -ticlopidine, 250mg daily.
>
> What is your opinion about that?

I would suggest you ask your doctor for a referral to see a
neuro-opthalmologist.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD