Vision Conversion

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Tom, May 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom

Tom Guest

Hi,

I have a r40 uss with Ballistic shock on the front. This is a 1995 or 1996 model

I just aquired a r50 oss with Ballistic shock on the front and Cane Creek on the rear. This is a
    2000 or 2001 (with triangle rear).

My question is can I or a LBS switch the uss with the oss, therefore making the r50 a uss. Are the
    forks the same or different?I really like the ride i get from the fully suspended r50?

Is there a way to tell the year these bikes were made?

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Tom H Minnesota)

Tags:

2. Bentbiker

Bentbiker Guest

Tom, there is a fork adapter Vision carries for the suspended front forks, then it's a matter of
    plugging in your USS bars or buying them. I believe www.hostelshoppe.com shows both these items on
    their web page. click "on line catalog" then click on Vision parts.

tom wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a r40 uss with Ballistic shock on the front. This is a 1995 or 1996 model
    >
    > I just aquired a r50 oss with Ballistic shock on the front and Cane Creek on the rear. This is a
    > 2000 or 2001 (with triangle rear).
    >
    > My question is can I or a LBS switch the uss with the oss, therefore making the r50 a uss. Are the
    > forks the same or different?I really like the ride i get from the fully suspended r50?
    >
    > Is there a way to tell the year these bikes were made?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any answer.
    >
    > Tom H Minnesota)

3. Bentbiker

Bentbiker Guest

ps send me a digital pic of each bike, and I can probably tell you the year, with one year.

tom wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a r40 uss with Ballistic shock on the front. This is a 1995 or 1996 model
    >
    > I just aquired a r50 oss with Ballistic shock on the front and Cane Creek on the rear. This is a
    > 2000 or 2001 (with triangle rear).
    >
    > My question is can I or a LBS switch the uss with the oss, therefore making the r50 a uss. Are the
    > forks the same or different?I really like the ride i get from the fully suspended r50?
    >
    > Is there a way to tell the year these bikes were made?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any answer.
    >
    > Tom H Minnesota)

4. Tom

Tom Guest

bentbiker <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > ps send me a digital pic of each bike, and I can probably tell you the year, with one year.
    >
    > tom wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have a r40 uss with Ballistic shock on the front. This is a 1995 or 1996 model
    > >
    > > I just aquired a r50 oss with Ballistic shock on the front and Cane Creek on the rear. This is a
    > > 2000 or 2001 (with triangle rear).
    > >
    > > My question is can I or a LBS switch the uss with the oss, therefore making the r50 a uss. Are
    > > the forks the same or different?I really like the ride i get from the fully suspended r50?
    > >
    > > Is there a way to tell the year these bikes were made?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance for any answer.
    > >
    > > Tom H Minnesot

I am trying to convert my r40 uss to oss and the r50 to uss from oss,

I want to use the parts I already have and want to know if these parts are interchangeable and how
    much trouble it will be with cables and controls.

tom h

5. Tom

Tom Guest

bentbiker <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > ps send me a digital pic of each bike, and I can probably tell you the year, with one year.
    >
    > tom wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have a r40 uss with Ballistic shock on the front. This is a 1995 or 1996 model
    > >
    > > I just aquired a r50 oss with Ballistic shock on the front and Cane Creek on the rear. This is a
    > > 2000 or 2001 (with triangle rear).
    > >
    > > My question is can I or a LBS switch the uss with the oss, therefore making the r50 a uss. Are
    > > the forks the same or different?I really like the ride i get from the fully suspended r50?
    > >
    > > Is there a way to tell the year these bikes were made?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance for any answer.
    > >
    > > Tom H Minnesota)

Dale,

I have a r40 that I had converted to LWB ( used it for one year) I found I liked the Ballistic shock
    in front alot so I changed it back to SWB.

I decided to leave the LWB boom on and just changed back to SWB, bike works just fine, I (like you)
    wanted to have both options SWB and LWB on short notice. I rode this configuration with no problem,
    then I got a great deal on the r50 and everthing changed.

tom h

6. M..Leuck

M..Leuck Guest

"tom" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > bentbiker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > ps send me a digital pic of each bike, and I can probably tell you the year, with one year.
    > >
    > > tom wrote:
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > I have a r40 uss with Ballistic shock on the front. This is a 1995 or 1996 model
    > > >
    > > > I just aquired a r50 oss with Ballistic shock on the front and Cane Creek on the rear. This is
    > > > a 2000 or 2001 (with triangle rear).
    > > >
    > > > My question is can I or a LBS switch the uss with the oss, therefore making the r50 a uss. Are
    > > > the forks the same or different?I really like the ride i get from the fully suspended r50?
    > > >
    > > > Is there a way to tell the year these bikes were made?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in advance for any answer.
    > > >
    > > > Tom H Minnesot
    >
    >
    >
    > I am trying to convert my r40 uss to oss and the r50 to uss from oss,
    >
    > I want to use the parts I already have and want to know if these parts are interchangeable and how
    > much trouble it will be with cables and
    controls.
    >
    > tom h

I have an R50 and have looked at the R40 and I should think it would be a pretty easy swap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.