Vision R-42 bike stand and fenders?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Robin And Jim, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Hello to all,

    I have a 1999 Vision R-42 (SWB with USS).

    Any ideas on a stand for this bike so that basic maintenance (chain cleaning/lubrication, shifting
    adjustments, etc.) can be performed?

    Also, does anyone have experience with the fenders sold by ATP or other solutions? That front wheel
    definitely throws water right where I don't want it!

    Thanks,

    -- jv

    Tags:

  2. Hello to all,

    I have a 1999 Vision R-42 (SWB with USS).

    Any ideas on a stand for this bike so that basic maintenance (chain cleaning/lubrication, shifting
    adjustments, etc.) can be performed?

    Also, does anyone have experience with the fenders sold by ATP or other solutions? That front wheel
    definitely throws water right where I don't want it!

    Thanks,

    -- jv

  3. Jim,

    WORK STAND IDEA:

    I have an R40 and I use a rather unique solution: I bought one of those "hang your bike from your
    garage ceiling" setups (Performance calls theirs the "Bike Hoist"). See
    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.html?SKU=2268

    I got mine for $20 at Costco.

    I hook the "handlebar" hook to my front boom (and velcro it in place to make sure I don't shake it
    loose), and the "seat" hook to the tube where the rear seat skewer goes, or into my Blackburn rack.

    I can hoist it up so the drivetrain is at eye-level, or any other height.

    FENDERS:

    I bought the ATP Fenders and they work rather well. They mount easily and are tailored to fit the
    Vision quite well. I don't get any spray on my @ss, nor does my drivetrain get soaked on wet roads.

    I really love PlanetBike's Freddy fenders, but you might have to get creative to mount the rear
    fender - I haven't seen their bracket - then again, I got creative to mount the Freddy Fenders on my
    wife's Cannondale DF Touring Bike (T800) - there was no seat stay mounting, so I drilled a hole and
    attached it.

    Chris Champion 1996 Vision R40 SWB USS 2001 Double Vision R85 SWB

    "robin and jim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello to all,
    >
    > I have a 1999 Vision R-42 (SWB with USS).
    >
    > Any ideas on a stand for this bike so that basic maintenance (chain cleaning/lubrication, shifting
    > adjustments, etc.) can be performed?
    >
    > Also, does anyone have experience with the fenders sold by ATP or other solutions? That front
    > wheel definitely throws water right where I don't want it!
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -- jv

  4. Jim,