Vision R-42 bike stand and fenders?

Robin And Jim

Guest
Hello to all,

I have a 1999 Vision R-42 (SWB with USS).

Any ideas on a stand for this bike so that basic maintenance (chain cleaning/lubrication, shifting
adjustments, etc.) can be performed?

Also, does anyone have experience with the fenders sold by ATP or other solutions? That front wheel
definitely throws water right where I don't want it!

Thanks,

-- jv

Hello to all,

I have a 1999 Vision R-42 (SWB with USS).

Any ideas on a stand for this bike so that basic maintenance (chain cleaning/lubrication, shifting
adjustments, etc.) can be performed?

Also, does anyone have experience with the fenders sold by ATP or other solutions? That front wheel
definitely throws water right where I don't want it!

Thanks,

-- jv

Jim,

WORK STAND IDEA:

I have an R40 and I use a rather unique solution: I bought one of those "hang your bike from your
garage ceiling" setups (Performance calls theirs the "Bike Hoist"). See
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.html?SKU=2268

I got mine for $20 at Costco.

I hook the "handlebar" hook to my front boom (and velcro it in place to make sure I don't shake it
loose), and the "seat" hook to the tube where the rear seat skewer goes, or into my Blackburn rack.

I can hoist it up so the drivetrain is at eye-level, or any other height.

FENDERS:

I bought the ATP Fenders and they work rather well. They mount easily and are tailored to fit the
Vision quite well. I don't get any spray on my @ss, nor does my drivetrain get soaked on wet roads.

I really love PlanetBike's Freddy fenders, but you might have to get creative to mount the rear
fender - I haven't seen their bracket - then again, I got creative to mount the Freddy Fenders on my
wife's Cannondale DF Touring Bike (T800) - there was no seat stay mounting, so I drilled a hole and
attached it.

Chris Champion 1996 Vision R40 SWB USS 2001 Double Vision R85 SWB

news:<[email protected]>...