> Anybody know where I can buy one?

Presumably this is an USS R-40?

Maybe some former ATP Vision dealers have NOS forks?

If all else fails, you could buy a generic J&B recumbent fork and have a
frame builder modify it to accept the USS.

Beer - It's not just for breakfast anymore!

chuck

Guest
On 2007-10-18, Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:
> chuck anonymous wrote:
>> Anybody know where I can buy one?

> Presumably this is an USS R-40?

No, it's OSS.

> Maybe some former ATP Vision dealers have NOS forks?
>
> If all else fails, you could buy a generic J&B recumbent fork and have a
> frame builder modify it to accept the USS.

J&B? Thanks for the lead.

Tom Sherman

Guest
chuck ? wrote:
> On 2007-10-18, Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:
>> chuck anonymous wrote:
>>> Anybody know where I can buy one?

>> Presumably this is an USS R-40?
>>

> No, it's OSS.
>
>> Maybe some former ATP Vision dealers have NOS forks?
>>
>> If all else fails, you could buy a generic J&B recumbent fork and have a
>> frame builder modify it to accept the USS.
>>

> J&B? Thanks for the lead.

Some possibilities:
<http://www.gaerlan.com/bikeparts/frame/forks/fork.html>,
<http://www.calhouncycle.com/productcart/pc/viewCat_h.asp?idCategory=136>.

On 2007-10-19, Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:
> chuck ? wrote:
>>> Presumably this is an USS R-40?
>>>

>> No, it's OSS.
>>
>>> Maybe some former ATP Vision dealers have NOS forks?
>>>
>>> If all else fails, you could buy a generic J&B recumbent fork and have a
>>> frame builder modify it to accept the USS.
>>>

>> J&B? Thanks for the lead.

> Some possibilities:
><http://www.gaerlan.com/bikeparts/frame/forks/fork.html>,
><http://www.calhouncycle.com/productcart/pc/viewCat_h.asp?idCategory=136>.

Thanks Tom. I went to the LBS today, and I think we found something that
will work. The great thing is he quoted me only $40, and it should be
here Monday. BTW, if I had it to do over again, I probably would ram
into the dog or his master, rather than damaging my bike avoiding them
taking up the whole trail on a blind curve.

This Vision has been a great bike. I've put 6700 miles on it this year
(just got it around the beginning of the year). Best of all, I traded 6
hours of labor and a few used parts for it. I'd buy another if they were
still in business.

Guess I'll get aquainted with my hybrid again till the fork comes in.
The Brooks pro is comfortable to ride on, but not as comfortable as the
Vision seat. I'll also have to find my biking shorts. I haven't needed
those in quite awhile.

chuck

Guest
On 2007-10-19, Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:
> chuck ? wrote:
>>> Presumably this is an USS R-40?
>>>

>> No, it's OSS.
>>
>>> Maybe some former ATP Vision dealers have NOS forks?
>>>
>>> If all else fails, you could buy a generic J&B recumbent fork and have a
>>> frame builder modify it to accept the USS.
>>>

>> J&B? Thanks for the lead.

> Some possibilities:
><http://www.gaerlan.com/bikeparts/frame/forks/fork.html>,
><http://www.calhouncycle.com/productcart/pc/viewCat_h.asp?idCategory=136>.

Well after riding the hybrid the past few weeks, I finally ordered a
fork. I hope that RST suspension one works out. The others either had
the wrong steerer tube or the wrong brake mounts. The LBS placed 2 fork
orders and neither would work. One came in and it was a 16" fork and the
other had a 1-1/8 steerer tube. I just hope the suspension isn't too
sloppy because I don't really need it.

chuck

Guest