Vision Tech Aero Bars & Profile AeroDrink Bottle

effectivepull

Dec 30, 2005
I just got a cervelo p2 sl with vision tech aero bars. will a profile aerodrink bottle fit on these bars? if so, do i need to the profile aerodrink bracket?

do you think this set up is more aero then regular cages and water bottles?

thanks for any advise!

effectivepull said:
I just got a cervelo p2 sl with vision tech aero bars. will a profile aerodrink bottle fit on these bars? if so, do i need to the profile aerodrink bracket?

thanks for any advise!

The aerodrink should work as it is adjustable up to 140mm wide if you mount the visiontech extensions not too far apart. You can rig up a system with rubber bands or velcro straps to hold the bottle if you don't want to use the bracket.

The most aero thing is to stay in the aero position. Frame mount cages and bottles are actually reasonably aero since there is a lot of turbulance down there anyway from the legs. An aerodrink system may allow you to stay on the bars and be more aero.

effectivepull said:

thanks for any advise!
I have the identical set-up (P2-SL with aero-bottle). I do use the bracket because I find if my aero-bars are close enough together that the bottle sit in tightly, then my traps get tight and sore on longer rides in tyhe aero position. My recommendation is that you get fitted properly on the bike, pick the distance between the aero-bars that is comfortable and then buy the bracket if you need to. Comfort is key, especially if you're going long!

As John said, the biggest aerodynamic benefit is that you can drink while in the aero-bars.

But I believe that there is actually a bigger benefit to an aero-bottle than aerodynamics. By having your fluid right in front of you within easy reach, you drink regularly! Obviously, nothing kills a performance like getting dehydrated.

my $0.02
Pad