Visions and RANS

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by hawesgb, Apr 25, 2003.

  1. hawesgb

    hawesgb Guest

    How do the two compare? Is this apples to apples or orange to tangerines?

    Tags:

  2. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    Vision tends to offer a basic bike style. RANS has varied styles of bikes from full suspension SWBs to LWBs. I personally like the RANS seat better.

    Both are except companies though. If you have never ridden them, try both out and see which you like better.

    Derek

  3. hmmm smells like a mine field here RANS=Taiwanese Frames/ Vision=American Frames/ everything else
    made in the Orient for both companies/ RANS makes small airplanes 1st and bents 2nd/ Vision makes
    bents 1st and 2nd makes wheelchairs/ As for who has more American content=Vision/ Reputation = both
    companies are near the top of the heap/ Recall prone = RANS, but so rarely no one notices/ Which
    bent is better?...cannot reply (mine field) because whoever dares say a RANS or Vision is better
    faces the wrath of everyone who owns the rival.
    > How do the two compare? Is this apples to apples or orange to tangerines?

  4. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

    > How do the two compare? Is this apples to apples or orange to tangerines?

    Compare them yourself if you can. Ride both, then make your own decision. I was teetering between a
    Vision R40 USS SWB and a RANS Rocket. The Rocket (used) was cheaper, and that tipped the scale. I
    wish I could have bought both - they're both great machines at the low end of the price spectrum.

    If you're getting ready to buy a 'bent, do yourself a favor and ride as many as you can, from all
    brands available. Go out of your way to find a dealer that has a good selection. You may be
    surprised what a few test rides will reveal about your preferences.

    Unlike upright/DF bikes, 'bents do vary wildly in their design and handling characteristics. This is
    the most important reason to test ride a wide variety of 'bents.

    Which Vision and RANS bikes are you attempting to compare? (They offer a wide range of models.)

    -Barry

  5. Cbb

    Cbb Guest

    Both make excellent bikes. A friend of mine bought a Rocket on my recomendation and I want to get a
    USS Vision for myself. However I don't currently own either. I would say go with the bike you like
    best rather than chose between these two based on the company. I almost bought a Strada when I was
    looking for a faster bike but decided to the low route. Craig Optima Baron

    > How do the two compare? Is this apples to apples or orange to tangerines?

  6. In article <[email protected]>, bentcruiser says...

    >hawesgb wrote:
    > > How do the two compare? Is this apples to apples or orange to tangerines?
    >

    >Vision tends to offer a basic bike style. RANS has varied styles of bikes from full suspension SWBs
    >to LWBs. I personally like the RANS seat better.
    >
    >Both are except companies though. If you have never ridden them, try both out and see which you
    >like better.

    They both make great bikes, and the fantastic thing is that they ARE different. You wouldn't go
    wrong buying almost anything either makes. Your job is to try out the various models (LWB, SWB, USS,
    OSS, high BB, low BB) until one makes you smile, then buy it.

    Steve Christensen

  7. Stratrider

    Stratrider Guest

    I think RANS are better built bikes. Yet RANS offers no USS bikes. If you want USS, Vision is the
    leader in the US.

    Jim Reilly Reading, PA

  8. John Riley

    John Riley Guest

    > news:[email protected]...
    > > How do the two compare? Is this apples to apples or orange to tangerines?

    Huh? They both make several models, each quite different from the other.

    johnriley1 (at) rogers.com

  9. Tbradster

    Tbradster Guest

    I own both a RANS Rocket and a VR40. I like both bikes, with a modest preference for the Vision
    because I feel that the seat is more comfortable for long rides. The bikes are about identical with
    respect to speed. The spec on the VR40 was a bit better than the Rocket, but everything works fine
    on both bikes. You really can't go wrong with either.

    Brad VR40 Rocket GRR

  10. Gary Krause

    Gary Krause Guest

    I have owned both and I prefer the Rans bikes over Vision. In my opinion, the design and build
    quality is better with Rans. As stated above, you can't go wrong with either brand. I do wish that
    Rans would make a USS bike, though.

    Gary