Visions and RANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hawesgb

How do the two compare? Is this apples to apples or orange to tangerines?

Originally posted by hawesgb
How do the two compare? Is this apples to apples or orange to tangerines?

Vision tends to offer a basic bike style. RANS has varied styles of bikes from full suspension SWBs to LWBs. I personally like the RANS seat better.

Both are except companies though. If you have never ridden them, try both out and see which you like better.

Derek

hmmm smells like a mine field here RANS=Taiwanese Frames/ Vision=American Frames/ everything else
made in the Orient for both companies/ RANS makes small airplanes 1st and bents 2nd/ Vision makes
bents 1st and 2nd makes wheelchairs/ As for who has more American content=Vision/ Reputation = both
companies are near the top of the heap/ Recall prone = RANS, but so rarely no one notices/ Which
bent is better?...cannot reply (mine field) because whoever dares say a RANS or Vision is better
faces the wrath of everyone who owns the rival.
--------------------------------------------------------
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> How do the two compare? Is this apples to apples or orange to tangerines?

<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Compare them yourself if you can. Ride both, then make your own decision. I was teetering between a
Vision R40 USS SWB and a RANS Rocket. The Rocket (used) was cheaper, and that tipped the scale. I
wish I could have bought both - they're both great machines at the low end of the price spectrum.

If you're getting ready to buy a 'bent, do yourself a favor and ride as many as you can, from all
brands available. Go out of your way to find a dealer that has a good selection. You may be
surprised what a few test rides will reveal about your preferences.

Unlike upright/DF bikes, 'bents do vary wildly in their design and handling characteristics. This is
the most important reason to test ride a wide variety of 'bents.

Which Vision and RANS bikes are you attempting to compare? (They offer a wide range of models.)

-Barry

Both make excellent bikes. A friend of mine bought a Rocket on my recomendation and I want to get a
USS Vision for myself. However I don't currently own either. I would say go with the bike you like
best rather than chose between these two based on the company. I almost bought a Strada when I was
looking for a faster bike but decided to the low route. Craig Optima Baron

[email protected] wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

In article <[email protected]>, bentcruiser says...
>
>hawesgb wrote:
> > How do the two compare? Is this apples to apples or orange to tangerines?
>
>
>
>Vision tends to offer a basic bike style. RANS has varied styles of bikes from full suspension SWBs
>to LWBs. I personally like the RANS seat better.
>
>Both are except companies though. If you have never ridden them, try both out and see which you
>like better.

They both make great bikes, and the fantastic thing is that they ARE different. You wouldn't go
wrong buying almost anything either makes. Your job is to try out the various models (LWB, SWB, USS,
OSS, high BB, low BB) until one makes you smile, then buy it.

Steve Christensen

I think RANS are better built bikes. Yet RANS offers no USS bikes. If you want USS, Vision is the
leader in the US.

Jim Reilly Reading, PA

> news:[email protected]...
> > How do the two compare? Is this apples to apples or orange to tangerines?

Huh? They both make several models, each quite different from the other.

johnriley1 (at) rogers.com

I own both a RANS Rocket and a VR40. I like both bikes, with a modest preference for the Vision
because I feel that the seat is more comfortable for long rides. The bikes are about identical with
respect to speed. The spec on the VR40 was a bit better than the Rocket, but everything works fine
on both bikes. You really can't go wrong with either.

Brad VR40 Rocket GRR

I have owned both and I prefer the Rans bikes over Vision. In my opinion, the design and build
quality is better with Rans. As stated above, you can't go wrong with either brand. I do wish that
Rans would make a USS bike, though.

Gary

[email protected] wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

Status
Not open for further replies.