Visionstick niteflux 10 or Cateye ABS10?

Claes

Jul 5, 2004
Hi, I am in couple of hours buying one of the two. So far they seem similar, the only differences that I find is that the Cateye comes with straps to attach to frame without any brackets if you need that. The vision stick has a feature to attach the "light head" to the battery and use as flashlight.

Simply based on the fact that I can buy separate straps to attach the nitflux to the frame, but I can not buy something to make the Cateye into a flashlight, I am leaning towards the niteflux. Price is within 20 oz dollars so that is of no importance to me.

Anyone that has any realworld experiences of either or both? I would welcome that.

Cheers.

I'm pretty sure all the niteflux lights come with both handlebar and helmet mounts, if it matters to you.

Personally I'd go for the niteflux because it's more versatile like that (and the flashlight thing)

rek said:
I'm pretty sure all the niteflux lights come with both handlebar and helmet mounts, if it matters to you.

Personally I'd go for the niteflux because it's more versatile like that (and the flashlight thing)

I think the Cateye comes with that too. Thanx.

Ok, I bought the niteflux one, and some straps from Zefal to attach it to the top tube, the battery pack that is.

Now, the battery has five cells, and I think you call them C cells. The size above "penlight" but below the really fat ones. Anyway, it only has a capacity of 2200 mAh, I have penlights, or AA, NiMh cells with that capacity. Varta, Varta Battery , has C cells with 2900 mAh capacity. I am sure I could find cells with more capacity than that. This would mean that my niteflux would last around 2 hours instead of 1.5 hours, which is a handy improvement.

So, it has a cap at the bottom, seems farily difficult to get off? Has anyone tried this?

Cheers.