Visiting a cardiologist...

Periodic

Guest
I have a rather complicated medical history involving
Ulcerative Colitis, Total Colectomy's and other fun stuff...

A year later I'm fairly healthy. I'm a few pounds
underweight, as I haven't gained weight very quickly since
all the surgery.

My real problem is that I normally have a resting pulse in
the 100's. I'm visiting a cardiologist for the first time on
Friday. I have a perscription for 25 mg Atenolol... would it
be advisable to take it the day/day before the visit? Would
this medication skew results?

-Brian

Periodic wrote:

> I have a rather complicated medical history involving
> Ulcerative Colitis, Total Colectomy's and other fun
> stuff...
>
> A year later I'm fairly healthy. I'm a few pounds
> underweight, as I haven't gained weight very quickly since
> all the surgery.
>
> My real problem is that I normally have a resting pulse in
> the 100's. I'm visiting a cardiologist for the first time
> on Friday. I have a perscription for 25 mg Atenolol...
> would it be advisable to take it the day/day before the
> visit? Would this medication skew results?
>
> -Brian

What is advisable is discussing with your doctor about
whether stopping the atenolol for your visit with the
cardiologist is a good idea.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD