Visiting a cardiologist...

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Periodic, Mar 12, 2004.

  1. Periodic

    Periodic Guest

    I have a rather complicated medical history involving
    Ulcerative Colitis, Total Colectomy's and other fun stuff...

    A year later I'm fairly healthy. I'm a few pounds
    underweight, as I haven't gained weight very quickly since
    all the surgery.

    My real problem is that I normally have a resting pulse in
    the 100's. I'm visiting a cardiologist for the first time on
    Friday. I have a perscription for 25 mg Atenolol... would it
    be advisable to take it the day/day before the visit? Would
    this medication skew results?

    -Brian

    Tags:

  2. Periodic wrote:

    > I have a rather complicated medical history involving
    > Ulcerative Colitis, Total Colectomy's and other fun
    > stuff...
    >
    > A year later I'm fairly healthy. I'm a few pounds
    > underweight, as I haven't gained weight very quickly since
    > all the surgery.
    >
    > My real problem is that I normally have a resting pulse in
    > the 100's. I'm visiting a cardiologist for the first time
    > on Friday. I have a perscription for 25 mg Atenolol...
    > would it be advisable to take it the day/day before the
    > visit? Would this medication skew results?
    >
    > -Brian

    What is advisable is discussing with your doctor about
    whether stopping the atenolol for your visit with the
    cardiologist is a good idea.

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD