Visiting southern California 1st weekend of August

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Yurasis Dragon, May 25, 2003.

  1. Mostly in the Los Angeles ( LAX area ) and San Diego area - coming from Canada!

    I'm looking for some supremo stores that carry recumbents and accessories.

    Any recommendations?

    Also, I think that there was a thread a while ago where someone mentioned places that rents
    recumbents ... any in the areas that I'll be in? I bought a R50 a few weeks ago and wanna ride some
    other types if possible.

    Thanks in advance.

    Tags:

  2. John Foltz

    John Foltz Guest

    Yurasis Dragon wrote:
    > Mostly in the Los Angeles ( LAX area ) and San Diego area - coming from Canada!
    >
    > I'm looking for some supremo stores that carry recumbents and accessories.
    >
    > Any recommendations?

    In the LAX area, that would have to be PeopleMovers in Orange. 980 N. Main St. Orange, CA 92667
    Phone: 714 633 3663 [email protected]

    Test rides will keep you busy for a looooooong time.
    --

    John Foltz --- O _ Baron --- _O _ V-Rex 24 --- _\\/\-%)

  3. Diane Krohn

    Diane Krohn Guest

    Also, there's Alans Family Bike Shop, in Oceanside (north of San Diego): Alan's Family Bike Shop
    1220 S. Coast Hwy Oceanside, CA 760-722-3377

    And, Holland's Cycles in Coronado. I don't have the address or phone number, but they are located on
    Orange Ave. (the main drag in Coronado). I don't know what their policy is regarding rentals or
    trying out bikes, though.

    Diane and Wayne RANS Screamer, GRR, and Haluzak Horizon "Yurasis Dragon"
    <yurasis_spam[REMOVE]@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Mostly in the Los Angeles ( LAX area ) and San Diego area - coming from
    Canada!

    > I'm looking for some supremo stores that carry recumbents and accessories.
    >
    > Any recommendations?
    >
    > Also, I think that there was a thread a while ago where someone mentioned
    places
    > that rents recumbents ... any in the areas that I'll be in? I bought a
    R50 a few weeks ago and
    > wanna ride some other types if possible.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

  4. Jim Verheul

    Jim Verheul Guest

    Richard's Cyclery 11943 Valley View St. Garden Grove CA 92845
    (714) 379-2717

    They sell Bacchetta among others and let me take an extended test ride on an Aero. They have a short
    mellow ride to Seal Beach on Saturday mornings at 8 before the shop opens. Its only 14 miles from
    People Movers.

    JV

    "John Foltz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Yurasis Dragon wrote:
    > > Mostly in the Los Angeles ( LAX area ) and San Diego area - coming from
    Canada!

    > > I'm looking for some supremo stores that carry recumbents and
    accessories.

    > > Any recommendations?
    > >

    > In the LAX area, that would have to be PeopleMovers in Orange. 980 N. Main St. Orange, CA 92667
    > Phone: 714 633 3663 [email protected]
    >
    > Test rides will keep you busy for a looooooong time.
    > --

    > (_)_____

  5. Brian Zupke

    Brian Zupke Guest

    A couple of bent riders I met on the ArroyoFest freeway ride this past weekend recommended Richard's
    Cyclery - 11943 Valley View Street, Garden Grove, 92845-1238, phone: (714) 379-2717.

    -Brian