Visiting unicycle.com in person

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Phuni, May 6, 2004.

  1. Phuni

    Phuni Guest

    I am hoping to visit the unicycle.com store in Marietta GA this summer.
    Has anyone been there before? Do you have any tips for a first-time
    visitor? I was wondering what kinds of unicycles they have for trying
    out, and how many.

    I'm most interested in the KH 24 but I wanted to ride as much as
    possible.

    Thanks!

    Phil

    --
    Phuni - music / unicycling
    Phuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5264

  2. bugman

    bugman Guest

    I go there about once a month. They are located about 2 minutes from
    where I graduated highschool. They have a lot of uni's to try out in
    the front of the "store". It isn't a store in the conventional sense.
    It has a small, and I mean small retail display area. The majority is
    warehouse. I assume most visitors are allowed into the warehouse area,
    where there is another couple thousand unicycles stored.

    They have a large parking area in the front and back of the building and
    pretty much let you ride anything on display. The first time I rode a
    KH24 was the one they have on display. I then placed my order and
    waited a couple of months for the container to come in with my uni in
    it.

    Why are you coming to Marietta? Friends, Family ? If you want to ride
    with some others let us know dates and time availability and we will try
    to get something together.

    --
    bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

  3. johnfoss

    johnfoss Guest

    I'm overdue for a second visit. On my first visit, Unicycle.com was a
    computer upstairs, a boxing and assembly area in the garage, and a lot
    of stuff taking up half the basement. Product photos were taken in the
    front and back yards. That was May 1999. They've come a long way, baby!

    --
    johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
    www.unicycling.com

    "I should be wearing a helmet here -- so should you." -- George Peck,
    who prefers not to wear one, in the 1991 video Rough Terrain Unicycling

  4. mango

    mango Guest

    johnfoss wrote:
    > *I'm overdue for a second visit. On my first visit, Unicycle.com was a
    > computer upstairs, a boxing and assembly area in the garage, and a lot
    > of stuff taking up half the basement. Product photos were taken in the
    > front and back yards. That was May 1999. They've come a long way,
    > baby! *

    That inspired me to take a little look into the past.

    http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.unicycle.com

    A lot of the really old stuff isnt there. But boy, they've come a long
    way in a relatively short amount of time.:)

    --
    mango - unity - as 1 stand together

    http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuv16

    "...I speculated that if we all got to know each other, one lawn mower
    would be enough for any neighborhood." -Keith Cash
    mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

  5. mango

    mango Guest

    Does anyone still grease their buns? LMAO

    http://tinyurl.com/2hf65

    I cringe just thinking about it. Poor seat too.

    edit: ok, that was dumb. Its still on the current unicycle.com:rolleyes:

    --
    mango - unity - as 1 stand together

    http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuv16

    "...I speculated that if we all got to know each other, one lawn mower
    would be enough for any neighborhood." -Keith Cash
    mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

  6. bugman

    bugman Guest

    Man that is a big change in the look of their site! I am going to have
    to give John a hard time. Wait... maybe not since mine looks the same
    as it did in 2000!:( :eek: Well my prices have changed.:D

    --
    bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

  7. Phuni

    Phuni Guest

    bugman wrote:

    > Why are you coming to Marietta? Friends, Family ? If you want to
    > ride with some others let us know dates and time availability and we
    > will try to get something together. [/B]

    I wish I had time to take you up on your idea of getting together.
    Unfortunately, I'm just passing through from Florida to Indiana with
    only a little time to stop off and look at uni's. Great idea, though!

    Thanks for your description of unicycle.com's environment.

    Phil

    --
    Phuni - music / unicycling
    Phuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5264

  8. johnfoss

    johnfoss Guest

    Remember, the business started out at www.unicyclesource.com. Point your
    Wayback Machine there:
    http://tinyurl.com/3faa7

    Then wait for that huge (filesize) animated gif to load!

    --
    johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
    www.unicycling.com

    "We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not
    because they are easy, but because they are hard." -- John F. Kennedy,

  9. harper

    harper Guest

    John and Amy are two of the coolest people you will ever meet. Go there.
    Listen to Chad. Take some more time if you can. Organize a ride of some
    kind with the locals. Local groups always have unicycles they can loan.
    Chad is a cool guy, too.

    --
    harper - Statuesque

    -Greg Harper

    B L U E S H I F T

    "Stoke your own thread as much as you see fit, no problem." - Klaas
    Bil

    "Ugh, the Harpers; The worst neighbours in the world" - Tony Micelli