Vistalite Lightstick ?'s

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bill McAninch, Jul 2, 2003.

  1. I just got a Lightstick Code 20 off of E-Bay. It's two years old but never been used, everything was
    still sealed up. Have things figured out I think but there were no directions. The big questions I
    have regards the batteries. I have no idea how long to charge them, and secondly, I don't know if
    the chargers are smart chargers or if I need to unplug them after a certain time.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated, Bill 96 Vanguard

  2. Victor Kan

    Victor Kan Guest

    Bill McAninch wrote:
    > I just got a Lightstick Code 20 off of E-Bay. It's two years old but never been used, everything
    > was still sealed up. Have things figured out I think but there were no directions. The big
    > questions I have regards the batteries. I have no idea how long to charge them, and secondly, I
    > don't know if the chargers are smart chargers or if I need to unplug them after a certain time.

    Not sealed up that well if it had no directions, eh? :) Have you checked out www.vistalite.com? Oh
    nevermind, I just went there and it's pretty useless.

    I have a Code 10 with NiCd stick and a Code 15 with NiMH stick.

    Both came with "dumb" chargers that you have to unplug after a few hours. I assume the Code 20 is
    the same, only more so :).

    I haven't used the NiMH setup yet. For the NiCd setup, I'd charge it up either over night or the
    whole work day after 45 mins of use.

    I assume the NiMH setup is similar to others and need less trickle charging than a NiCd after the
    same run time. With my Nightrider NiMH battery pack, I'd charge it four or five hours after about 45
    mins of use.

    --
    I do not accept unsolicted commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for legitimate replies.

  3. Don

    Don Guest

    Victor Kan wrote:

    > Not sealed up that well if it had no directions, eh? :) Have you checked out www.vistalite.com?
    > Oh nevermind, I just went there and it's pretty useless.
    >
    > I have a Code 10 with NiCd stick and a Code 15 with NiMH stick.
    >
    > Both came with "dumb" chargers that you have to unplug after a few hours. I assume the Code 20 is
    > the same, only more so :).
    >
    > I haven't used the NiMH setup yet. For the NiCd setup, I'd charge it up either over night or the
    > whole work day after 45 mins of use.
    >
    > I assume the NiMH setup is similar to others and need less trickle charging than a NiCd after the
    > same run time. With my Nightrider NiMH battery pack, I'd charge it four or five hours after about
    > 45 mins of use.

    The web site is useless in terms of any real information.

    I have a Vistalite Code 25 with the NiMH cell. The charger is a dumb charger. As I recall, the
    directions were rather vague but implied as Victor wrote that a fully discharged cell would take
    about 8 hrs. I have been careful not to over discharge which can cause the cells to short out. I
    have estimated the charge time needed based on my use. When I am charging I do monitor the cell temp
    in an attempt to avoid over charging. The cell has never felt too warm. My intent is to replace the
    stick battery with another type when that dies and probably also purchase a smart charger.

    The headlight units have been problem free.

    Don