Vistalite nightstick lights

moparchris

Apr 13, 2004
anyone using vista nightriding lights ? i need to know how many volts their NiMH batterys are and how many amp hours

i need some NiMH batterys 12v, 3ah or more. what brands use batterys like these ?

Vistalite run 6v 2.2 AH batteries

I use the vistalite lights and one of their packs but found it cheaper to make my own 2.8AH packs

Duckwah said:
Vistalite run 6v 2.2 AH batteries

I use the vistalite lights and one of their packs but found it cheaper to make my own 2.8AH packs
agh damn, i thought they'd be 6v... i can get some batterys that are 13.2v, 3.3ah but if i can find a brand that uses 12v batterys i can get them cheap through work :p so anyone have any idea if any brands have 12v battery packs with their lights

i need to make some lights for a 24 hour race ill be doing sometime and i want them ready, i alreadsy have a setup that i made myself but its quite heavy (lead acid battery, aluminium casing) ill be loaning this light to my friend if i cant make a few sets like the one ill make for myself, ill provbly make about 5 of the same thing (1 to start off with to see how it goes) then ill keep 2 (mabie sell one of them to a friend for the cost of making it) then sell the others over trademe (sortof a NZ version of ebay) or something

moparchris said:
anyone using vista nightriding lights ? i need to know how many volts their NiMH batterys are and how many amp hours

i need some NiMH batterys 12v, 3ah or more. what brands use batterys like these ?
I build my own packs with nimh cells from ebay and battery holders from jaycar. Cheap, but you have to be careful with the battery holders as they are very low quality. AA cells also sag under heavy load (such as a high power bike light) so you want more than one series in parallel, and treating the batteries as 1v rather than 1.2v will give you better results.

moparchris said:

I have 20 watt night sticks, they no good, great build, not light, go to night lighting, but the 6.6 lo ion battery + charger, + 2 x 50mm bulbs, 20 watt + 35 watt, build into a alium tube with a three way switch, this is the best set up ever!!!! night sticks are poor!!!

i did borrow some nightsticks and considering the price of them theyre reasonable, i had 1 bulb on 15watt and its enough, realistically you could ride with 5 watts its just easier with 15 or more.

but now i have the topeak HID enduro (local supplier did me a deal opn that :D) its pretty damn good, especially supprising when you put it next to cheaper halogen models

SomeGuy, I am using a battery charger with a reversible tip. For charging the Vistalite 2.2 ah NiMH nightstick, should the charger tip be + or -? Thanks in anticipation.