Vistalite scary experience

Gooserider

Guest
I have been using a Vistalite Code 15(two headlights w/Nightstick) for
several years now,and it's been a good light. It's very bright. Not as
bright as some of the new high tech lights, but pretty bright. I've been
having intermittent trouble with one or both of the lights not turning on.
This happened last night so I didn't go on a night ride, and just left the
bike alone. I woke up this morning with both lights blazing away, and the
housings were HOT. I mean they were uncomfortably hot to the touch, and so
was the wire connecting the lights to the battery. I don't know how long the
lights were on, but I think I was lucky nothing started to melt. This must
be why this light is no longer manufactured.

Mike

The connectors in the hradlight have always been "crankey", but I've
been running mine for 3 years. I replaced the battery cord with on
from Radio Shack and put small bits of paper in the slots where the
light prongs go. If you need replacement parts check out "weber
sports", though they are a bit pricey.
You might try a good electronics shop to get new switches/connectors
for the shell.

Ed