Vita-Mix

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by E N Argye, Mar 12, 2004.

  1. E N Argye

    E N Argye Guest

    Hello,

    I would like to get a Vita-mix 5000, but am somewhat
    discouraged by the high price (about $400). Are they worth
    it? I plan to use it a lot, but it still seems pretty high.

    Does anyone know where I can get a new one for less? I live
    on Long Island, NY. Thanks.

    --
    Argye

    Tags:

  2. Billkirch

    Billkirch Guest

  3. Billkirch

    Billkirch Guest

  4. Vox Humana

    Vox Humana Guest

    "E N Argye" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I would like to get a Vita-mix 5000, but am somewhat
    > discouraged by the high price (about $400). Are they
    > worth it? I plan to use it a lot, but it still seems
    > pretty high.

    I think it is "worth it" if you have a specific need for a
    $400 blender. I suspect that if you don't, it will collect
    dust. Do you find yourself saying "Oh, I really wish I could
    do XYZ buy my blender isn't powerful enough" When I see them
    demonstrated, I just walk away thinking how glad I am not to
    be among the few who need to make soup in a blender.

  5. Vox Humana

    Vox Humana Guest

    "E N Argye" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I would like to get a Vita-mix 5000, but am somewhat
    > discouraged by the high price (about $400). Are they
    > worth it? I plan to use it a lot, but it still seems
    > pretty high.

    I think it is "worth it" if you have a specific need for a
    $400 blender. I suspect that if you don't, it will collect
    dust. Do you find yourself saying "Oh, I really wish I could
    do XYZ buy my blender isn't powerful enough" When I see them
    demonstrated, I just walk away thinking how glad I am not to
    be among the few who need to make soup in a blender.

  6. Ross Reid

    Ross Reid Guest

    E N Argye <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I would like to get a Vita-mix 5000, but am somewhat
    >discouraged by the high price (about $400). Are they worth
    >it? I plan to use it a lot, but it still seems pretty high.
    >
    >Does anyone know where I can get a new one for less? I live
    >on Long Island, NY. Thanks.

    You might want to haunt the thrift shops for a while. I
    picked up a Vita-Mix Super 3600 in mint condition at a local
    thrift shop for the princely sum of CDN $10.00. It is a
    great machine but, I'm sure I'd never be able to rationalize
    spending what they want for a new one.

    Ross

  7. Ross Reid

    Ross Reid Guest

    E N Argye <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I would like to get a Vita-mix 5000, but am somewhat
    >discouraged by the high price (about $400). Are they worth
    >it? I plan to use it a lot, but it still seems pretty high.
    >
    >Does anyone know where I can get a new one for less? I live
    >on Long Island, NY. Thanks.

    You might want to haunt the thrift shops for a while. I
    picked up a Vita-Mix Super 3600 in mint condition at a local
    thrift shop for the princely sum of CDN $10.00. It is a
    great machine but, I'm sure I'd never be able to rationalize
    spending what they want for a new one.

    Ross

  8. Scott

    Scott Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    E N Argye <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I would like to get a Vita-mix 5000, but am somewhat
    > discouraged by the high price (about $400). Are they
    > worth it? I plan to use it a lot, but it still seems
    > pretty high.

    Before looking further, keep in mind that--despite what the
    ads imply--it's just a blender. You make hot soups by
    putting in hot ingredients, and you make smoothies and the
    like by putting in very cold ingredients. It's a powerful
    blender, but just a blender.

    please mail OT responses only

  9. Scott

    Scott Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    E N Argye <[email protected]hotmail.com> wrote:

    > I would like to get a Vita-mix 5000, but am somewhat
    > discouraged by the high price (about $400). Are they
    > worth it? I plan to use it a lot, but it still seems
    > pretty high.

    Before looking further, keep in mind that--despite what the
    ads imply--it's just a blender. You make hot soups by
    putting in hot ingredients, and you make smoothies and the
    like by putting in very cold ingredients. It's a powerful
    blender, but just a blender.

    please mail OT responses only

  10. Jbsummer

    Jbsummer Guest

    Mine is collecting dust.

    Jim

  11. [email protected] (JBSummer) wrote in news:[email protected]
    m03.aol.com:

    > Mine is collecting dust.
    >
    > Jim

    I had nothing but problems with the Vita-Mix I used to
    own. Gave it away to friends who soon gave it away to
    friends, etc.

    I prefer and frequently use my circa 1957 Osterizer. Never
    a problem!

    Wayne

  12. Katra

    Katra Guest