Vitamin C and cancer

Peter Moran

Guest
You may recall I was writing to Abram Hoffer about the
study Linus Pauling did on his patients treated with
vitamin C and other vitamins. It claimed the treated
patients lived 21 times longer than untreated. I challenged
Pauling's statistical methods, and wanted reassurance that
the cancer patients were all equally "in an advanced
stage", as Pauling claimed.

Hoffer did reply at length. He did not, however, offer to
supply any further information about the subjects. He is
basically standing by Pauling's work. He has recently
published a further book on Vitamin C and cancer which
presumably still makes such claims. He has also not
responded to a more pressing second request for the data.

He says his "charts were very complete and contained data
from the cancer clinic, from the referring physicians and
from my own follow up notes". Also: "In my more recent book
Vitamin C and Cancer, Quarry Press I re examined the
patients he had used in his calculations and it turns out
that his predictions were very close to the actual
outcome.,"

The data, then, is available, but he will not release it. I
think we are entitled to draw our own conclusions.

The correspondence is lengthy. I will eventually put it on a
web site, but anyone who wishes to see it can email me
privately.

Peter Moran

I know a person who had cancer. They took megadoses of
vitamin c. When they went to have the tumours removed,
they'd gone missing.

"Species" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I know a person who had cancer. They took megadoses of
> vitamin c. When
they went
> to have the tumours removed, they'd gone missing.
======================
So you claim massive doses of vitamin C cures cancer? When
was this discovered? Can you elaborate?
--
Kim Please note, I don't wish to get involved in any
personal conflicts between the posters here. I'm simply

"Kim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Species" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I know a person who had cancer. They took megadoses of
> > vitamin c. When
> they went
> > to have the tumours removed, they'd gone missing.
> ======================
> So you claim massive doses of vitamin C cures cancer? When
> was this discovered? Can you elaborate?
> --

Also something that remarkable would have a Medline abstract
for the case study. A check at
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/ using the seach terms
"megadose vitamin tumor or tumour" pulled up one page of
results, none of them related to the previous anecdote.

"HCN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Also something that remarkable would have a Medline
> abstract for the case study. A check at
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/ using the seach
terms
> "megadose vitamin tumor or tumour" pulled up one page of
> results, none of them related to the previous anecdote.
Thank you. I do remember when everyone was mega-dosing with
Vitamin C in the belief it prevented colds and shortened the
time it took to recover from a cold. That seems to have
fallen by the wayside along with magnetized bracelets and
magnetic mattresses. Both popular in my area some years ago.