Vitamin c from citrus fruit

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
We have here a citrus fruit called calamansi. It is small and round but more sour than the lemon. With just 3 to 4 pieces of that citrus can make a glass of lemonade. Calamansi, lemon, lime and other citrus fruits are a good source of vitamin C that can strengthen our body's resistance. Especially for riders and those who are on training and workout, vitamin C is a must. What's good in vitamin C is that there is no risk of overdose. And my suggestion is the fresh fruit juiced instead of the vitamin C tablets or syrup.

Reactions: Jarvan
We have here a citrus fruit called calamansi. It is small and round but more sour than the lemon. With just 3 to 4 pieces of that citrus can make a glass of lemonade. Calamansi, lemon, lime and other citrus fruits are a good source of vitamin C that can strengthen our body's resistance. Especially for riders and those who are on training and workout, vitamin C is a must. What's good in vitamin C is that there is no risk of overdose. And my suggestion is the fresh fruit juiced instead of the vitamin C tablets or syrup.

Vitamin C is a very important vitamin that helps our body to produce Collagen which makes the skin and hair healthy and young looking. Collagen also maintains our bones and cartilages.

Reactions: Corzhens
A lot of people recommend citrus fruits as a good source of vitamin C, but you'd be surprised how many other fruits and vegetables are actually packed with more vitamin C than citrus fruits.

For example, a lemon has 88% of your RDV for vitamin C. Definitely not a bad number, but as I said, we can do better. Strawberries have 97%, bell peppers have 134%, and kiwis have 154%. These are just three examples of fruits/vegetables with more vitamin C than lemons and other fruits in the citrus family.

You'll get more vitamin C per 100g as well, since you're eating the whole fruit, because if you just juice the citrus fruit, you're not getting the full amount per 100g since you're missing the pulp.

In any case, a glass of lemonade is still a very refreshing and healthy drink, and regardless, is a great source of vitamin C.

Citrus fruits are great sources of Vitamin C and they are very cheap compared to the juices or supplements that are available in the market.

A lot of people recommend citrus fruits as a good source of vitamin C, but you'd be surprised how many other fruits and vegetables are actually packed with more vitamin C than citrus fruits.

For example, a lemon has 88% of your RDV for vitamin C. Definitely not a bad number, but as I said, we can do better. Strawberries have 97%, bell peppers have 134%, and kiwis have 154%. These are just three examples of fruits/vegetables with more vitamin C than lemons and other fruits in the citrus family.

You'll get more vitamin C per 100g as well, since you're eating the whole fruit, because if you just juice the citrus fruit, you're not getting the full amount per 100g since you're missing the pulp.

In any case, a glass of lemonade is still a very refreshing and healthy drink, and regardless, is a great source of vitamin C.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge on the fruits with more vitamin C than citrus fruits. I agree with your comment but citrus fruits, especially the local citrus called calamansi, is the cheapest that we can buy here. Strawberry is very expensive here much more with the imported kiwi fruit. And I don't think anyone in our home will relish bell pepper for vitamin C. So I will still settle for lemonade. By the way, we have lime plants in our backyard and we make it into lime juice when there is a harvest.

Vitamin C is a very important vitamin that helps our body to produce Collagen which makes the skin and hair healthy and young looking. Collagen also maintains our bones and cartilages.
Vitamin C is such an important part of our body repair mechanism and for our overall health that it's very important to regularly take the recommended daily allowance as part of your diet. You really don't want to get sick due to deficiency of a very accessible vitamin.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge on the fruits with more vitamin C than citrus fruits. I agree with your comment but citrus fruits, especially the local citrus called calamansi, is the cheapest that we can buy here. Strawberry is very expensive here much more with the imported kiwi fruit. And I don't think anyone in our home will relish bell pepper for vitamin C. So I will still settle for lemonade. By the way, we have lime plants in our backyard and we make it into lime juice when there is a harvest.

Oh no worries, it's quite understandable. I'm fortunate enough to live in a region where a large variety of fruits and vegetables are regularly available for moderately cheap prices throughout the year. However, I realize this isn't the case for many regions throughout the world. Sometimes you just have to work with what you've got, and thankfully you're still working with some very healthy and beneficial fruits.

I envy the fact that you can have your own lime plants, as I adore limeade. However, not only are limes really expensive here, but they're very poor quality and we don't have the proper climate to raise our own plants. Every region has its own benefits and downsides.

Reactions: Corzhens