Vitamin D deficiency?

Michael Rawlins

Guest
Hi Group,

Newbie checking in regarding some accumulating symptoms that
I've been told might be vitamin D deficiency. I have an
appointment with MD tomorrow morning.

Started few weeks ago with eyelid twitch. Heart palpitations
came on, last few days they're fairly pronounced. I have dry
funny taste in my mouth. Calves and other muscles starting
to twitch a bit too, especially after walking around. The
lower part of my legs feel like they're vibrating. My
resting heart rate and BP are lowest in summer, and highest
now. This annual cycle is in it's third year.

Not much milk in my diet, maybe 6 oz a day of 2%.
Salmon 2x/week. Calcium/magensium/zinc supplement
(1000mg/400mg/30mg) or might be(400mg/1000mg/30mg,
can't recall).

I'm off to get some cod liver oil and hit the tanning booth
per recommendation of friend that is part of UV/ Vit D
study. I live at 40 degrees N (NH), moved here 3 years ago
(grew up in Delaware) and have seen no significant UV
exposure for several months.

Hope it's not all in my head..... See what doc says tomorrow
and following blood work.

Comments are greatly appreciated.

Mike

"Michael Rawlins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi Group,
>
> Newbie checking in regarding some accumulating symptoms
> that I've been told might be vitamin D deficiency. I have
> an appointment with MD tomorrow morning.
>
> Started few weeks ago with eyelid twitch. Heart
> palpitations came on, last few days they're fairly
> pronounced. I have dry funny taste in my mouth. Calves and
> other muscles starting to twitch a bit too, especially
> after walking around. The lower part of my legs feel like
> they're vibrating. My resting heart rate and BP are lowest
> in summer, and highest now. This annual cycle is in it's
> third year.
>
> Not much milk in my diet, maybe 6 oz a day of 2%. Salmon
> 2x/week. Calcium/magensium/zinc supplement
> (1000mg/400mg/30mg) or might be(400mg/1000mg/30mg, can't
> recall).

It is the former not the latter.

> I'm off to get some cod liver oil and hit the tanning
> booth per recommendation of friend that is part of UV/ Vit
> D study. I live at 40 degrees N (NH), moved here 3 years
> ago (grew up in Delaware) and have seen no significant UV
> exposure for several months.
>
> Hope it's not all in my head..... See what doc says
> tomorrow and following blood work.

It not in your head. If the Doc says that he doesn't know
and can't admit it to you or himself, IMHO.

What meds are you on?

"William A. Noyes" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Michael Rawlins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hi Group,
> >
> > Newbie checking in regarding some accumulating symptoms
> > that I've been told might be vitamin D deficiency. I
> > have an appointment with MD tomorrow morning.
> >
> > Started few weeks ago with eyelid twitch. Heart
> > palpitations came on, last few days they're fairly
> > pronounced. I have dry funny taste in my mouth. Calves
> > and other muscles starting to twitch a bit too,
> > especially after walking around. The lower part of my
> > legs feel like they're vibrating. My resting heart rate
> > and BP are lowest in summer, and highest now. This
> > annual cycle is in it's third year.
> >
> > Not much milk in my diet, maybe 6 oz a day of 2%. Salmon
> > 2x/week. Calcium/magensium/zinc supplement
> > (1000mg/400mg/30mg) or might be(400mg/1000mg/30mg, can't
> > recall).
>
> It is the former not the latter.
>

> > I'm off to get some cod liver oil and hit the tanning
> > booth per recommendation of friend that is part of UV/
> > Vit D study. I live at 40 degrees N (NH), moved here 3
> > years ago (grew up in Delaware) and have seen no
> > significant UV exposure for several months.
> >
> > Hope it's not all in my head..... See what doc says
> > tomorrow and following blood work.
>
> It not in your head. If the Doc says that he doesn't know
> and can't admit it to you or himself, IMHO.
>
> What meds are you on?

Hi William,

Lisinopril 20mg/day.

Doc says it sounds like nerves. Well yea..my CNS is freaking
out. Had blood draw for Ca, Magnesium, 25 OH Vitamin D, BUN,
creatinine (sp?).

Past 2 days I've gone to tanning booth, 9min and 7min. Not
alot for my darker colored skin. Nonetheless, palpitations
are gone, sleep improved. So those are the symptoms I've
seen are related to D deficiency. I live in NH. I see a
study recently was published saying UV in Boston in winter
is insuffucent in maintaining vit D levels, and I'm not
outside alot in winter (that will change). I also looked at
my typical calcium intake. Haven't been getting the RDA
based on 2000cal diet. My diet is closer to 3000cals given
activity/exercise level. Vitamin D is needed for calcium
absorption, from what I've seen. So the null hypothesis is
these symptoms that are similar to tetany might be low
calcium. We'll see. I do see improvement, twitching in
eyelid much reduced, but the ones in calf (and occasionally
other muscles) are still hanging in there.

I'm headed to Delaware for a few weeks to visit family.
Hope some time outdoors there will make a difference. But
reading that MS suffers have increasing syptoms in winter
has me in twitches (pun inteded). Guess that's a rare thing
in men 40...?

Cheers, Mike

Do you drink diet soda? Some of your symptoms sound like
possible aspartame poisoning. Also, do you drink tap water
that has been fluoridated? Fluoride goes through filters,
the water should be RO or distilled.

My health became much better after getting off that garbage!

Another possibility might be excessive mercury from the
seafood, or from dental work. I also had muscle twitching
from dental mercury.

GT

"Michael Rawlins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "William A. Noyes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Michael Rawlins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Hi Group,
> > >
> > > Newbie checking in regarding some accumulating
> > > symptoms that
I've been
> > > told might be vitamin D deficiency. I have an
> > > appointment with
MD
> > > tomorrow morning.
> > >
> > > Started few weeks ago with eyelid twitch. Heart
> > > palpitations
came on,
> > > last few days they're fairly pronounced. I have dry
> > > funny taste
in my
> > > mouth. Calves and other muscles starting to twitch a
> > > bit too, especially after walking around. The lower
> > > part of my legs feel
like
> > > they're vibrating. My resting heart rate and BP are
> > > lowest in
summer,
> > > and highest now. This annual cycle is in it's third
> > > year.
> > >
> > > Not much milk in my diet, maybe 6 oz a day of 2%.
> > > Salmon
2x/week.
> > > Calcium/magensium/zinc supplement (1000mg/400mg/30mg)
> > > or might be(400mg/1000mg/30mg, can't recall).
> >
> > It is the former not the latter.
> >

> > > I'm off to get some cod liver oil and hit the tanning
> > > booth per recommendation of friend that is part of UV/
> > > Vit D study. I
live at
> > > 40 degrees N (NH), moved here 3 years ago (grew up in
> > > Delaware)
and
> > > have seen no significant UV exposure for several
> > > months.
> > >
> > > Hope it's not all in my head..... See what doc says
> > > tomorrow
and
> > > following blood work.
> >
> > It not in your head. If the Doc says that he doesn't
> > know and
can't
> > admit it to you or himself, IMHO.
> >
> > What meds are you on?
> >

> Hi William,
>
> Lisinopril 20mg/day.
>
> Doc says it sounds like nerves. Well yea..my CNS is
> freaking out.
Had
> blood draw for Ca, Magnesium, 25 OH Vitamin D, BUN,
> creatinine
(sp?).

> Past 2 days I've gone to tanning booth, 9min and 7min. Not
> alot for my darker colored skin. Nonetheless, palpitations
> are gone, sleep improved. So those are the symptoms I've
> seen are related to D deficiency. I live in NH. I see a
> study recently was published
saying
> UV in Boston in winter is insuffucent in maintaining vit
> D levels,
and
> I'm not outside alot in winter (that will change). I also
> looked at
my
> typical calcium intake. Haven't been getting the RDA
> based on
2000cal
> diet. My diet is closer to 3000cals given
> activity/exercise level. Vitamin D is needed for calcium
> absorption, from what I've seen. So the null hypothesis is
> these symptoms that are similar to tetany
might
> be low calcium. We'll see. I do see improvement,
> twitching in
eyelid
> much reduced, but the ones in calf (and occasionally other
> muscles) are still hanging in there.
>
> I'm headed to Delaware for a few weeks to visit family.
> Hope some time outdoors there will make a difference. But
> reading that MS suffers have increasing syptoms in winter
> has me in twitches (pun inteded). Guess that's a rare
> thing in men 40...?
>
> Cheers, Mike

Get off the calcium supplements and increase your
magnesium levels.

You pH levels are probably way to acidic. Increase fresh
veggie and fuit intake and lower meats. Stay away from any
green fruit, coffee, tea, soda pop. Try fresh lemon squeezed
into water for an acid lowering drink. Sodium and potassium
bicarbonate supplements at 10 and 4 can help dramatically.

"Michael Rawlins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi Group,
>
> Newbie checking in regarding some accumulating symptoms
> that I've been told might be vitamin D deficiency. I have
> an appointment with MD tomorrow morning.
>
> Started few weeks ago with eyelid twitch. Heart
> palpitations came on, last few days they're fairly
> pronounced. I have dry funny taste in my mouth. Calves and
> other muscles starting to twitch a bit too, especially
> after walking around. The lower part of my legs feel like
> they're vibrating. My resting heart rate and BP are lowest
> in summer, and highest now. This annual cycle is in it's
> third year.
>
> Not much milk in my diet, maybe 6 oz a day of 2%. Salmon
> 2x/week. Calcium/magensium/zinc supplement
> (1000mg/400mg/30mg) or might be(400mg/1000mg/30mg, can't
> recall).
>
> I'm off to get some cod liver oil and hit the tanning
> booth per recommendation of friend that is part of UV/ Vit
> D study. I live at 40 degrees N (NH), moved here 3 years
> ago (grew up in Delaware) and have seen no significant UV
> exposure for several months.
>
> Hope it's not all in my head..... See what doc says
> tomorrow and following blood work.
>
> Comments are greatly appreciated.
>
> Mike

Tanning is like meditation and lowers your stress levels.

> [...]
> study recently was published saying UV in Boston in winter
> is insuffucent in maintaining vit D levels, and I'm not
> outside alot in winter (that will change). I also looked
> at my typical calcium intake. Haven't been getting the RDA
> based on 2000cal diet. My diet is closer to 3000cals given
> activity/exercise level. Vitamin D is needed for calcium
> absorption, from what I've seen. So the null hypothesis is
> these symptoms that are similar to tetany might be low
> calcium. We'll see. I do see improvement, twitching in
> eyelid much reduced, but the ones in calf (and
> occasionally other muscles) are still hanging in there.
>
> I'm headed to Delaware for a few weeks to visit family.
> Hope some time outdoors there will make a difference. But
> reading that MS suffers have increasing syptoms in winter
> has me in twitches (pun inteded). Guess that's a rare

Where did the mercury go?

"GT" <[email protected]> wrote in message news-
:eek:bS4c.19843$%[email protected]...
> [...]
> > also looked at
> my
> > typical calcium intake. Haven't been getting the RDA
> > based on
> 2000cal
> > diet. My diet is closer to 3000cals given
> > activity/exercise level. Vitamin D is needed for calcium
> > absorption, from what I've seen. So the null hypothesis
> > is these symptoms that are similar to tetany
> might
> > be low calcium. We'll see. I do see improvement,
> > twitching in
> eyelid
> > much reduced, but the ones in calf (and occasionally
> > other muscles) are still hanging in there.
> >
> > I'm headed to Delaware for a few weeks to visit family.
> > Hope some time outdoors there will make a difference.
> > But reading that MS suffers have increasing syptoms in
> > winter has me in twitches (pun inteded). Guess that's a

Conventional dental fillings (Amalgam, 50% mercury) is acted
upon by oral bacteria and food acids/alkalies and converted
in tiny amounts to methyl mercury, among other things. This
is ingested and circulates around the body. It is a potent
neurotoxin, one of the symptoms being that of muscle
twitching.

As a part of my get well program, I had the dental
mercury removed.

GT

"Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Where did the mercury go?
>
> "GT" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:eek:bS4c.19843$%[email protected]
> k.net...
> > Do you drink diet soda? Some of your symptoms sound like
> > possible aspartame poisoning. Also, do you drink tap
> > water that has been fluoridated? Fluoride goes through
> > filters, the water should be RO or distilled.
> >
> > My health became much better after getting off that
> > garbage!
> >
> > Another possibility might be excessive mercury from the
> > seafood,
or
> > from dental work. I also had muscle twitching from
> > dental mercury.
> >
> > GT
> >

> > "Michael Rawlins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > "William A. Noyes" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > > message
> > news:<[email protected]>...

> > I've been
with
> > MD

palpitations
> > came on,
taste
> > in my
too,
feel
> > like
in
> > summer,

> > 2x/week.
might

per
> > live at
Delaware)
> > and

tomorrow
> > and

> > can't

> > > Hi William,
> > >
> > > Lisinopril 20mg/day.
> > >
> > > Doc says it sounds like nerves. Well yea..my CNS is
> > > freaking
out.
> > Had
> > > blood draw for Ca, Magnesium, 25 OH Vitamin D, BUN,
> > > creatinine
> > (sp?).
> > >
> > > Past 2 days I've gone to tanning booth, 9min and 7min.
> > > Not alot
for
> > > my darker colored skin. Nonetheless, palpitations are
> > > gone,
sleep
> > > improved. So those are the symptoms I've seen are
> > > related to D deficiency. I live in NH. I see a study
> > > recently was published
> > saying
> > > UV in Boston in winter is insuffucent in maintaining
> > > vit D
levels,
> > and
> > > I'm not outside alot in winter (that will change). I
> > > also looked
at
> > my
> > > typical calcium intake. Haven't been getting the RDA
> > > based on
> > 2000cal
> > > diet. My diet is closer to 3000cals given
> > > activity/exercise
level.
> > > Vitamin D is needed for calcium absorption, from what
> > > I've seen.
So
> > > the null hypothesis is these symptoms that are similar
> > > to tetany
> > might
> > > be low calcium. We'll see. I do see improvement,
> > > twitching in
> > eyelid
> > > much reduced, but the ones in calf (and occasionally
> > > other
muscles)
> > > are still hanging in there.
> > >
> > > I'm headed to Delaware for a few weeks to visit
> > > family. Hope
some
> > > time outdoors there will make a difference. But
> > > reading that MS suffers have increasing syptoms in
> > > winter has me in twitches
(pun
> > > inteded). Guess that's a rare thing in men 40...?
> > >
> > > Cheers, Mike

I repeat. Where did the mercury in your body go? It doesn't
disappear by itself.

"GT" <[email protected]> wrote in message news-
:UwS4c.19859$%[email protected]...
> Conventional dental fillings (Amalgam, 50% mercury) is
> acted upon by oral bacteria and food acids/alkalies and
> converted in tiny amounts to methyl mercury, among other
> things. This is ingested and circulates around the body.
> It is a potent neurotoxin, one of the symptoms being that
> of muscle twitching.
>
> As a part of my get well program, I had the dental mercury
> removed.
>
> GT
>
> "Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:97-
> [email protected]...
> > Where did the mercury go?
> >
> > "GT" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:eek:bS4c.19843$%[email protected]
> > .net...
> > > Do you drink diet soda? Some of your symptoms sound
> > > like possible aspartame poisoning. Also, do you drink
> > > tap water that has been fluoridated? Fluoride goes
> > > through filters, the water should be RO or distilled.
> > >
> > > My health became much better after getting off that
> > > garbage!
> > >
> > > Another possibility might be excessive mercury from
> > > the seafood,
> or
> > > from dental work. I also had muscle twitching from
> > > dental mercury.
> > >
> > > GT
> > >

> > > "Michael Rawlins" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > > message news:[email protected]
> > > gle.com...
> > > news:<[email protected]>...

> > > I've been
> with
> > > MD

> palpitations
> > > came on,
> taste
> > > in my
> too,
> feel
> > > like
> in
> > > summer,

> > > 2x/week.
> might

> per
> > > live at
> Delaware)
> > > and

> tomorrow
> > > and

> > > can't

> out.
> > > Had
> > > (sp?).

> for
> sleep
> > > saying
> levels,
> > > and
> at
> > > my
> > > 2000cal
> level.
> So
> > > might
> > > eyelid
> muscles)

> some
> (pun

[email protected] [email protected] [email protected] Once
upon a time, our fellow Pizza Girl rambled on about "Re:
Vitamin D deficiency?." Our champion De-Medicalizing in
sci.med.nutrition retorts, thusly ...

>Tanning is like meditation and lowers your stress levels.

I thought that tanning was similar to a brain being
fried like an egg on a concrete sidewalk in NYC during a
heat spell?

Or, maybe like what happens to your brain after reading too
many of Pizza Girls posts?

Ha, ... Hah, Ha!

[email protected] [email protected] [email protected] Once
upon a time, our fellow Pizza Girl rambled on about "Re:
Vitamin D deficiency?." Our champion De-Medicalizing in
sci.med.nutrition retorts, thusly ...

>I repeat. Where did the mercury in your body go? It doesn't
>disappear by itself.

Ha, ... Hah, Ha!

Care to prove that statement?

"GT" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<obS4c.19843$%[email protected]>...
> Do you drink diet soda? Some of your symptoms sound like
> possible aspartame poisoning. Also, do you drink tap water
> that has been fluoridated? Fluoride goes through filters,
> the water should be RO or distilled.
>
> My health became much better after getting off that
> garbage!
>
> Another possibility might be excessive mercury from the
> seafood, or from dental work. I also had muscle twitching
> from dental mercury.
>
> GT

First, thanks to everyone for the replies.

No diet soda, and very little H2O from the tap. Yes, florine
is added in my town.

Blood test for Ca, Mg, TSH, and kidney function came back
normal. Still awaiting Vitamin D. A most important aspect of
my maladay is the fact that I have felt this way the past
three years (albeit to a lesser degree), right around the
end of February. BP has a significant annual cycle (high in
Feb, low in Aug) as well, but could be unrelated to present
situation. Past 2 yrs was just insomnia, palpitations, and
eyelid twitch. This year my calves have also twitched, feels
like my lower legs are buzzing. Per advice of a MD at NIH
(suspects low Vit D), I have gone to a tanning booth 3 of
past 4 days and added Vit D and calcium supplement.
Palpitations have almost disappeared, resting HR has come
down, and twitches decreased, but still have some (eyelid
and calves), along with this feeling that my lower legs are
buzzing. All in all, it really feels like some significant
CNS stress.

Being a research scientist, it's my nature to be very
analytical in a quest for an answer, rather than just say
"help doc". I just traveled out of town for two weeks, so
won't see him for 2 weeks. Looking back at my activities the
past several weeks, I see that I was doing about 40-60
min/day, 4-5 days/week of cardio, moderate amount of
sweating, and drinking more than 1/2 gallon of water each
day, and I haven't used table salt on food in 3 years. I eat
all whole foods, very little processed stuff, and rarely eat
out in restaurants. Based on my caloric needs, I was getting
nowhere near RDA, unless I'm getting sodium from some source
for which I can't account.

Do my symptoms sound like low electrolytes? In summer, I
have gotten the muscle twitches, and an ocassional charlie
horse when drinking straight water. Yea, I know...
Gatorade is a good thing. If it is low sodium/potassium,
how long would it take to see significant improvement. One
day, several days? I guess next step might be to look at
adrenal function.

Oh, yea, I have a mouthful of murcury fillings. Wonder if
added stress of seasonal low sun, winter blahs (I live in
NH), and something related to murcury could have added up.
The involvement of my nervous systems has me, um,
nervous....

Cheers, Mike

Have you had a gold crown or inlay placed within the last 3
years? Or any metals other than the mercury/silver typical
of conventional fillings, such as a bridge?

If so, a small electric potential will occur between that
and the fillings. This will cause a small current to be
produced, which accelerates the leaching out of mercury.
Many dentists have the capability to measure the potential
and tell you if there is any problem. Be sure to find a
dentist that doesn't scoff at the toxicity problem of
mercury. I had a variety of potentials between the 11
fillings and the gold inlay in my case.

If you believe you have mercury toxicity, you need to get in
contact with a nutritionally oriented doctor/nutritionist to
start on a program to remove the mercury. It can be done,
but it is slow. Sometimes hair testing can reveal heavy
metals, but I don't always trust the results.

GT

"Michael Rawlins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "GT" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<obS4c.19843$%[email protected]
nk.net>...
> > Do you drink diet soda? Some of your symptoms sound like
> > possible aspartame poisoning. Also, do you drink tap
> > water that has been fluoridated? Fluoride goes through
> > filters, the water should be RO or distilled.
> >
> > My health became much better after getting off that
> > garbage!
> >
> > Another possibility might be excessive mercury from the
> > seafood,
or
> > from dental work. I also had muscle twitching from
> > dental mercury.
> >
> > GT
>
> First, thanks to everyone for the replies.
>
> No diet soda, and very little H2O from the tap. Yes,
> florine is
added
> in my town.
>
> Blood test for Ca, Mg, TSH, and kidney function came back
> normal. Still awaiting Vitamin D. A most important aspect
> of my maladay is the fact that I have felt this way the
> past three years (albeit to a lesser degree), right around
> the end of February. BP has a significant annual cycle
> (high in Feb, low in Aug) as well, but
could
> be unrelated to present situation. Past 2 yrs was just
> insomnia, palpitations, and eyelid twitch. This year my
> calves have also twitched, feels like my lower legs are
> buzzing. Per advice of a MD
at
> NIH (suspects low Vit D), I have gone to a tanning booth 3
> of past 4 days and added Vit D and calcium supplement.
> Palpitations have
almost
> disappeared, resting HR has come down, and twitches
> decreased, but still have some (eyelid and calves), along
> with this feeling that my lower legs are buzzing. All in
> all, it really feels like some significant CNS stress.
>
> Being a research scientist, it's my nature to be very
> analytical in
> quest for an answer, rather than just say "help
> doc". I just
traveled
> out of town for two weeks, so won't see him for 2
> weeks. Looking
back
> at my activities the past several weeks, I see that I
> was doing
about
> 40-60 min/day, 4-5 days/week of cardio, moderate amount of
> sweating, and drinking more than 1/2 gallon of water each
> day, and I haven't used table salt on food in 3 years. I
> eat all whole foods, very
little
> processed stuff, and rarely eat out in restaurants. Based
> on my caloric needs, I was getting nowhere near RDA,
> unless I'm getting sodium from some source for which I
> can't account.
>
> Do my symptoms sound like low electrolytes? In
> summer, I have
gotten
> the muscle twitches, and an ocassional charlie horse when
> drinking straight water. Yea, I know... Gatorade is a good
> thing. If it is
low
> sodium/potassium, how long would it take to see
> significant improvement. One day, several days? I guess
> next step might be to look at adrenal function.
>
> Oh, yea, I have a mouthful of murcury fillings. Wonder if
> added stress of seasonal low sun, winter blahs (I live in
> NH), and
something
> related to murcury could have added up. The
> involvement of my
nervous
> systems has me, um, nervous....
>
> Cheers, Mike

HiYa I m going to just buck shot in my 2cent: That seems
like a lot of Mercury being created I don't remember it
being that high of a level and few people have a problam
with it. (Margin of error) You can request the pricier stuff
(SILVER) for a filling Or PURE Gold is best but $$$.

I read that Salmon and I it is FARM raised Salmon has found
to have a-few of the toxic stuff absorbed from the water
that they are raised
in.(MERC) So Wild Salmon was better??? and don't eat Salmon
that is farm raised more than once a week... and of
course Pregnant women once a month or Not at all. Care
for a smoke.

I would stay away from the Tanning Salon unless you have a
dark complexion already (OLIVE)Many reasons for this... I
would stay with the VITAMINS but take a whole regimen of
them also then switch to Light Therapy like about 10,000
Lumins = a Spring morning but it varies I suppose?. This
helps with the light you lost from Spring/Summer although
it is now heading towards spring. Do you smoke It sounds
also like perhaps a circulation problem come to think of
it! Try to get on a bike or do some kinds of vigorous
workout.... its goo for ya any way eh

. Not alot> for> > > > > my darker colored skin.
Nonetheless, palpitations are gone,> sleep> > > > >
improved.

It takes very little sun to process Vit D in your bod,
walking around a little one day would suffice for a
week. It not wise to take a lot of D either and Omega
oils are all the rage eh. You don't have to eat the
Salmon then though.

Have you had an accident or changed drasticly what you had
been doing??? I have been wondering if I haven't been
zapped by something dreadful and I only have a matter of
time but lets face it, the medical proffesion sometimes can
be frustrating <grin> And if you are in the RI area I just
ran into this site as I was surfin I think it may be a
caino? RI based groove/mood Band www.beyondtherapyband.com

Paul

"GT" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<%[email protected]>...
> Have you had a gold crown or inlay placed within the last
> 3 years? Or any metals other than the mercury/silver
> typical of conventional fillings, such as a bridge?

I had a filling put in about a year ago. It is lighter color
silver, not dark like the old ones. Now this is getting
scary. I'm being poisoned to death? Twitching eyelid and
calves are a certainity. Had them past few years this time
of year. Now it's worse than ever.

It could definitely be mercury, because I get bloating
and gassy at times. Is this usually reversible to a
large degree? Geuss I might have permenant neurological
damage? Due to getting a filling last year for the first
time in 25 years?

I'd hoped it was low soduim, because the symptoms I have a
similar to the one for that malady, and I know I was eating
very little sodium while consuming alot of water for
several weeks. Had all the nerve symptoms, tingling,
sensations, twitches. Twitching eleylid and calves still
there, but kinda shaky tonight too. Have to get to someone
right away tomorrow.

Mercury and or low sodium. Quite the combination. The
neurological effects have not been gradual, really came on
strong past couple weeks. Hope the suddenness doesn't
portend bad things.

If I lick some salt, and have to urinate pretty good a
minute later, doesn't that have something to do with low
sodium levels, if I recall?

Many thanks.

Mike

> [...]
> > Based on my caloric needs, I was getting nowhere near
> > RDA, unless I'm getting sodium from some source for
> > which I can't account.
> >
> > Do my symptoms sound like low electrolytes? In summer,
> > I have
> gotten
> > the muscle twitches, and an ocassional charlie horse
> > when drinking straight water. Yea, I know... Gatorade is
> > a good thing. If it is
> low
> > sodium/potassium, how long would it take to see
> > significant improvement. One day, several days? I guess
> > next step might be to look at adrenal function.
> >
> > Oh, yea, I have a mouthful of murcury fillings. Wonder
> > if added stress of seasonal low sun, winter blahs (I
> > live in NH), and
> something
> > related to murcury could have added up. The

I'm happy that you're a scientist - you will
understand this.

The fillings placed are typically 50% mercury, and the rest
a combination of silver, zinc, sometimes copper. Depending
upon the relative amounts, the average work function of the
metals will be different and there will be a different
potential created in the electrolyte of the mouth. This
gives rise to the current between fillings, hence a leaching
of mercury and/or the other metals as a direct function of
the amount of current. Just like a typical carbon/zinc cell.
Look at the mouth tissue that touches the teeth - i had a
nicely defined row of white wherever the teeth touched the
cheek. After removal, that slowly went away and it is
healthy tissue now. I think the white was caused by the
current flow.

The fact that your filling is a different color would
indicate that it has a different combination of metals in
the base, perhaps less mercury. But most likely a very
different potential.

I had twitching eyelids, twitching muscle under the eyes,
twitching shoulder and calve muscle. Also tinnitus (ringing
in the ears) and psoriasis. About a month after amalgam
removal, the psoriasis disappeared - but it came back to
some extent later. The twitching gradually diminished and
was gone 6 months later. Tinnitus has greatly subsided.

Not to panic, I found out about herbs which accelerate the
removal of mercury in the soft tissues only recently. The
best one is cilantro, which you can get raw at the
supermarket for a low price. It is also quite tasty in
salads. Chlorella is also useful, but I haven't found a good
source for it yet.

I would suggest that you get into your favorite search
engine and start studying about mercury and heavy metal
toxicity. I found these sites by doing a search on "mercury
cilantro chelation":

http://www.kitchendoctor.com/articles/cilantro.html
http://www.adhdezine.com/Mar01.html http://www.spiritofheal-
ing.com/articles/html/mercury_detox_amalgam_fillings.htm
http://www.beatcfsandfms.org/html/HgDetox.html

The ADA is not going to do anything about the toxicity
problem of these fillings. After all, they are the only
fillings insurance companies will support. Nevertheless,
mercury must be stored in locked cabinets in industry and
schools - but it is safe in the mouth? That really irritates
me. It would be a monstrous class action suit against the
ADA if everyone got together. Imagine - 200 million people
with an average of 5 fillings...

I wish you the best in this endeavor. Mercury might not be
the problem in your case, but it is certainly worth
investigating.

GT

"Michael Rawlins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "GT" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<%[email protected]
nk.net>...
> > Have you had a gold crown or inlay placed within the
> > last 3 years? Or any metals other than the
> > mercury/silver typical of
conventional
> > fillings, such as a bridge?
>
> I had a filling put in about a year ago. It is lighter
> color silver, not dark like the old ones. Now this is
> getting scary. I'm being poisoned to death? Twitching
> eyelid and calves are a certainity.
Had
> them past few years this time of year. Now it's worse
> than ever.
>
> It could definitely be mercury, because I get bloating and
> gassy at times. Is this usually reversible to a large
> degree? Geuss I might have permenant neurological damage?
> Due to getting a filling last year for the first time in
> 25 years?
>
> I'd hoped it was low soduim, because the symptoms I have
> a similar
> the one for that malady, and I know I was eating very
> little sodium while consuming alot of water for several
> weeks. Had all the nerve symptoms, tingling, sensations,
> twitches. Twitching eleylid and
calves
> still there, but kinda shaky tonight too. Have to get to
> someone right away tomorrow.
>
> Mercury and or low sodium. Quite the combination. The
> neurological effects have not been gradual, really came on
> strong past couple weeks. Hope the suddenness doesn't
> portend bad things.
>
> If I lick some salt, and have to urinate pretty good a
> minute later, doesn't that have something to do with low
> sodium levels, if I
recall?

> Many thanks.
>
> Mike
>

> > If so, a small electric potential will occur between
> > that and the fillings. This will cause a small current
> > to be produced, which accelerates the leaching out of
> > mercury. Many dentists have the capability to measure
> > the potential and tell you if there is any problem. Be
> > sure to find a dentist that doesn't scoff at the
toxicity
> > problem of mercury. I had a variety of potentials
> > between the 11 fillings and the gold inlay in my case.
> >
> > If you believe you have mercury toxicity, you need to
> > get in
contact
> > with a nutritionally oriented doctor/nutritionist to
> > start on a program to remove the mercury. It can be
> > done, but it is slow. Sometimes hair testing can reveal
> > heavy metals, but I don't always trust the results.
> >
> > GT
> >
> > "Michael Rawlins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > "GT" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<obS4c.19843$%[email protected]
> > nk.net>...
possible
Fluoride

seafood,
> > or

> > > First, thanks to everyone for the replies.
> > >
> > > No diet soda, and very little H2O from the tap. Yes,
> > > florine is
> > added
> > > in my town.
> > >
> > > Blood test for Ca, Mg, TSH, and kidney function came
> > > back
normal.
> > > Still awaiting Vitamin D. A most important aspect of
> > > my maladay
is
> > > the fact that I have felt this way the past three
> > > years (albeit
to a
> > > lesser degree), right around the end of February. BP
> > > has a significant annual cycle (high in Feb, low in
> > > Aug) as well, but
> > could
> > > be unrelated to present situation. Past 2 yrs was just
> > > insomnia, palpitations, and eyelid twitch. This year
> > > my calves have also twitched, feels like my lower legs
> > > are buzzing. Per advice of a
MD
> > at
> > > NIH (suspects low Vit D), I have gone to a tanning
> > > booth 3 of
past 4
> > > days and added Vit D and calcium supplement.
> > > Palpitations have
> > almost
> > > disappeared, resting HR has come down, and twitches
> > > decreased,
but
> > > still have some (eyelid and calves), along with this
> > > feeling
that my
> > > lower legs are buzzing. All in all, it really feels
> > > like some significant CNS stress.
> > >
> > > Being a research scientist, it's my nature to be very
> > > analytical
in
> > > quest for an answer, rather than just say "help doc".
> > > I just
> > traveled
> > > out of town for two weeks, so won't see him for 2
> > > weeks. Looking
> > back
> > > at my activities the past several weeks, I see that I
> > > was doing
> > about
> > > 40-60 min/day, 4-5 days/week of cardio, moderate
> > > amount of
sweating,
> > > and drinking more than 1/2 gallon of water each day,
> > > and I
haven't
> > > used table salt on food in 3 years. I eat all whole
> > > foods, very
> > little
> > > processed stuff, and rarely eat out in restaurants.
> > > Based on my caloric needs, I was getting nowhere near
> > > RDA, unless I'm
getting
> > > sodium from some source for which I can't account.
> > >
> > > Do my symptoms sound like low electrolytes? In summer,
> > > I have
> > gotten
> > > the muscle twitches, and an ocassional charlie horse
> > > when
drinking
> > > straight water. Yea, I know... Gatorade is a good
> > > thing. If it
is
> > low
> > > sodium/potassium, how long would it take to see
> > > significant improvement. One day, several days? I
> > > guess next step might be
> > > look at adrenal function.
> > >
> > > Oh, yea, I have a mouthful of murcury fillings. Wonder
> > > if added stress of seasonal low sun, winter blahs (I
> > > live in NH), and
> > something
> > > related to murcury could have added up. The
> > > involvement of my
> > nervous
> > > systems has me, um, nervous....
> > >
> > > Cheers, Mike

"GT" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<Ieb5c.21842$%[email protected]>...

I did some searching yesterday. Yea, I have the white tissue
near the teeth. Some tinnitus, though playing in a rock band
over the years probably caused some of that. But this issue
seems like it is so far from cut and dried it would be tough
to spend many thousands to seek a cure, since I don't have
the thousands to try. What if there's a potential, and it's
at the upper part of some range. And murcury levels are in
the upper part of the normal range. And many people living
in New England feel like I do in late winter.

Electolyte levels came back OK, but this was after adding
some to my diet past two days. I was feeling much better in
recent days after adding vitamin D and doing a bit of
tanning. A stressful 7 hour drive from NH to DE through CN
and MY (try that for fun sometime) and reading about mercury
set me back a bit.

Isn't life interesting. I have a variety of very common
ailments, a mouthful of a substance (like millions of other)
with a know toxicity, and there is probably no easy answer.
I'd sure like to think that someday fillings could be put in
or replaced with something other than mercury. What were
yours replaced with? What was the cost? What is known about
the material used? My dentist replaced the one because it
was starting to crack, and he wants to do one or two more. I
have no reason not to believe he is a caring man, but would
be leary if he suggested replacing all my 50% mercury
filling with ones that were less mercury, and more of
another heavy metal. Now, if there were a substance that
could be used with no know toxicity, and it would cost a
couple grand, I might consider. See where I'm going.

My plan now is to eliminate obvious sources of twitching.
Vitamin and electrolytes have been ruled out. Seasonal
anxiety and depression could be root cause. I have
insurance, so could get a brain MRI if I wished. If some
nice warm weather and occasional use of anxiety med
eliminated twitches, I'd be much relieved.

> [...]

> > > that and the fillings. This will cause a small current
> > > to be produced, which accelerates the leaching out of
> > > mercury. Many dentists have the capability to measure
> > > the potential and tell you if there is any problem. Be
> > > sure to find a dentist that doesn't scoff at the
> toxicity
> > > problem of mercury. I had a variety of potentials
> > > between the 11 fillings and the gold inlay in my case.
> > >
> > > If you believe you have mercury toxicity, you need to
> > > get in
> contact
> > > with a nutritionally oriented doctor/nutritionist to
> > > start on a program to remove the mercury. It can be
> > > done, but it is slow. Sometimes hair testing can
> > > reveal heavy metals, but I don't always trust the
> > > results.
> > >
> > > GT
> > >
> > > "Michael Rawlins" <[email protected]> wrote in

It sounds like mercury could be a source of a problem. I am
hedging on that statement, because the "cure" is drastic and
expensive.

If you could find a dentist who can measure the potential of
the various fillings, and see if one is really out in left
field, then an appropriate solution might be to replace the
offender with a composite (type of plastic) or a porcelain
crown or inlay. These are relatively safe restorations. I
would stay away from gold, since that is another metal and
would accelerate the leaching of existing fillings.
Measuring the potential is relatively simple; a platinum
electrode to the mouth tissue and a platinum spongy material
for connecting to the tooth filling. Then the millivolts are
measured with a conventional voltmeter. You might be able to
make it yourself. I don't remember what the millivolt
readings are - mine were done in 1984. It's probably
something in the 200-800 mV range.

By the way, in 1984 I talked the dentist into a package deal
for all 11, replacing with gold. It came to $2500 at that
time. But I had a really good engineering job. Today, it
would be prohibitive for me, since costs have gone up so
much. I recently had to have one of them replaced, the cost
for just one is now $1000. Doesn't matter if it's gold or
porcelain. Sort of cuts into the retirement a bit.

A composite replacement should be a lot less, probably in
the $100-150 range, depending on difficulty. It probably
wouldn't work on a chewing surface. Check with your dentist
about the other teeth he wants to repair.

But the alternative for you might be to attempt to remove it
faster than it is getting into the body. Cilantro is known
to get it out of soft tissue fairly well. And cilantro is
readily available. Check the sites I referenced and others -
the web is full of information about mercury removal. You
might not need to go to the extreme I went to. I don't
regret doing it, I would do it again. I just wish I knew
about the hazards of mercury when I was younger.

I think my tinnitus is probably partially due to my time in
the Navy, around firing 5" guns. That is really a shock to
the whole body.

You may also want to look into the benefits of Coenzyme Q10.
It can increase energy and is effective against periodontal
disease, as well as being very beneficial for the heart.
Don't take it in the evening, it may keep you from sleeping!

Perhaps a good suggestion would be to try some of the
simple, available, chelating materials such as the herbs for
a couple of weeks and see if there is any improvement. That
would certainly be the lowest cost. Then you can make a
decision about how to go from there.

GT

"Michael Rawlins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "GT" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<Ieb5c.21842$%[email protected]
nk.net>...

> I did some searching yesterday. Yea, I have the white
> tissue near
the
> teeth. Some tinnitus, though playing in a rock band over
> the years probably caused some of that. But this issue
> seems like it is so
far
> from cut and dried it would be tough to spend many
> thousands to seek
> cure, since I don't have the thousands to try. What if
> there's a potential, and it's at the upper part of some
> range. And murcury levels are in the upper part of the
> normal range. And many people living in New England feel
> like I do in late winter.
>
> Electolyte levels came back OK, but this was after adding
> some to my diet past two days. I was feeling much better
> in recent days after adding vitamin D and doing a bit of
> tanning. A stressful 7 hour
drive
> from NH to DE through CN and MY (try that for fun
> sometime) and reading about mercury set me back a bit.
>
> Isn't life interesting. I have a variety of very common
> ailments, a mouthful of a substance (like millions of
> other) with a know
toxicity,
> and there is probably no easy answer. I'd sure like to
> think that someday fillings could be put in or replaced
> with something other
than
> mercury. What were yours replaced with? What was the
> cost? What
is
> known about the material used? My dentist replaced the
> one because
it
> was starting to crack, and he wants to do one or two more.
> I have no reason not to believe he is a caring man, but
> would be leary if he suggested replacing all my 50%
> mercury filling with ones that were less mercury, and more
> of another heavy metal. Now, if there were a substance
> that could be used with no know toxicity, and it would
cost
> a couple grand, I might consider. See where I'm going.
>
> My plan now is to eliminate obvious sources of
> twitching. Vitamin
and
> electrolytes have been ruled out. Seasonal anxiety and
> depression could be root cause. I have insurance, so could
> get a brain MRI if I wished. If some nice warm weather and
> occasional use of anxiety med eliminated twitches, I'd be
> much relieved.
>
> Mike

">
> Hi William,
>
> Lisinopril 20mg/day.
>
> Doc says it sounds like nerves. Well yea..my CNS is
> freaking out. Had blood draw for Ca, Magnesium, 25 OH
> Vitamin D, BUN, creatinine (sp?).
>
> Past 2 days I've gone to tanning booth, 9min and 7min. Not
> alot for my darker colored skin. Nonetheless, palpitations
> are gone, sleep improved. So those are the symptoms I've
> seen are related to D deficiency. I live in NH. I see a
> study recently was published saying UV in Boston in winter
> is insuffucent in maintaining vit D levels, and I'm not
> outside alot in winter (that will change). I also looked
> at my typical calcium intake. Haven't been getting the RDA
> based on 2000cal diet. My diet is closer to 3000cals given
> activity/exercise level. Vitamin D is needed for calcium
> absorption, from what I've seen. So the null hypothesis is
> these symptoms that are similar to tetany might be low
> calcium. We'll see. I do see improvement, twitching in
> eyelid much reduced, but the ones in calf (and
> occasionally other muscles) are still hanging in there.
>
> I'm headed to Delaware for a few weeks to visit family.
> Hope some time outdoors there will make a difference. But
> reading that MS suffers have increasing syptoms in winter
> has me in twitches (pun inteded). Guess that's a rare
> thing in men 40...?
>
> Cheers, Mike

You're on a ACE inhibitor. This drug does list some
central nervous system adverse reactions that occur in 1
to 10 % of users. Those listed are dizziness, headache,
fatigue, and muscle weakness. In the 1% or less adverse
reactions, the list includes palpitations, tachycardia,
orthostatic hypotension, angina pectoris, and syncope
among other things.

If you Google my posting history, you'll see I think a
generous vitamin D dose during the winter is a wise choice.
The connect of vitamin D to MS isn't fully a calcium thing.
Low vitamin D status has been related to the genesis and
progression of autoimmune disorders and various cancers such
as prostate cancer. Indeed, dark skin males living in
temperate regions have higher prostate cancer rates than
similiar populations living in the tropics. Compare American
blacks to Africa blacks, this principle should apply to
other populations with darker skin.

During the last of October, November, December, January,
February and here to date, I chosen to take 4000 IUs of D.
Granted the upper limit (UL) was set at 2000 IUs but a
person can get as much as 10000 IUs in the tropic or the
summer if they expose a fair amount of skin. So I see the UL
as a mistake at least during the darker months. Dark skinned
folks take a good deal longer than whites to convert
cholesterol into vitamin D. On the upside dark skins help
preserve the vitamin folic acid from destruction by
ultraviolet light. Light skin is an adaptive trade off for
people who wear clothes in cold climates and so need to
produce as much as possible vitamin D with the least amount
of skin. The trade off is the loss of some folic acid during
the summer and higher skin cancer rates.

If you want to be conservative dosewise consider a dose in
the range 1000 to 2000 IUs per day all year round here in
the temperate region. The slight summer excess will carry
over into the winter when you are short even at this dose.
The body can store vitamin D for months.

I'd choose a supplement with only vitamin D and with no
vitamin A. If you take a supplement containing vitamin A in
the preformed vitamer keep the dose low under 5000 IUs as
milk will contain some supplemental A thru fortification.