"Vitamins vital?"

Mike

Guest
Vitamins vital?
Life: Although most nutritionists and doctors rely upon the standards
in the Dietary Reference Intakes created by the National Academy of
Sciences in Northwest, which outlines the amounts of vitamins and
minerals essential for a healthy lifestyle, they have a hard time
agreeing upon the full effects of the substances on the body.
at http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040202-102619-8471r.htm

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 07:23:05 -0800, Mike wrote:

> Vitamins vital? Life: Although most nutritionists and doctors rely upon the standards in the
> Dietary Reference Intakes created by the National Academy of Sciences in Northwest, which outlines
> the amounts of vitamins and minerals essential for a healthy lifestyle, they have a hard time
> agreeing upon the full effects of the substances on the body. at http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040202-102619-
> 8471r.htm

First thing I saw when I looked at it: "When she had flu-like symptoms a few months ago, she took
high doses of vitamin C, instead of an antibiotic, and felt better." As if antibiotics were the
primary medical option of treating the flu. And why is it amazing that she felt better (after how
long?)? Isn't that the normal way to recover from the flu?