"Vitamins vital?"

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Mike, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Vitamins vital?
    Life: Although most nutritionists and doctors rely upon the standards
    in the Dietary Reference Intakes created by the National Academy of
    Sciences in Northwest, which outlines the amounts of vitamins and
    minerals essential for a healthy lifestyle, they have a hard time
    agreeing upon the full effects of the substances on the body.
    at http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040202-102619-8471r.htm

    Tags:

  2. Jojo

    Jojo Guest

    On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 07:23:05 -0800, Mike wrote:

    > Vitamins vital? Life: Although most nutritionists and doctors rely upon the standards in the
    > Dietary Reference Intakes created by the National Academy of Sciences in Northwest, which outlines
    > the amounts of vitamins and minerals essential for a healthy lifestyle, they have a hard time
    > agreeing upon the full effects of the substances on the body. at http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040202-102619-
    > 8471r.htm

    First thing I saw when I looked at it: "When she had flu-like symptoms a few months ago, she took
    high doses of vitamin C, instead of an antibiotic, and felt better." As if antibiotics were the
    primary medical option of treating the flu. And why is it amazing that she felt better (after how
    long?)? Isn't that the normal way to recover from the flu?