Vittoria , Continental, Michelin, Air-B? HELP PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fred Moody

Hi Everyone,

I'm a long time butyl rider (currently Nashbar 700 X 18-25) who is thinking hard about making the
jump to either latex or a latex/butyl
mix. Primary reason: comfort (back pain, hand numbness), ride quality (silky smooth please).

I'm mostly a recreational rider who can be coaxed into a tri every now and then. Most rides are
between 20 and 60 miles with my base loop being around 35 and an occassional century. Average speed
around 15-16 on my base ride. I'm generally more of a spinner than a masher, though I like to drop
the hammer sometimes and really fly (especially downhill ;)). I'm 5'11, 185 if that matters in the
consideration.

I'm very new to the various advanced materials, pros and cons of each, why/when to mix them (if
ever), etc. I'd really appreciate any thoughts you guys have on the following makes/models, and why
I might prefer one to the other (cost aside):

-Vittoria (latex) -Continental (latex) -Michelin (latex) -Air-B (latex/butyl mix)

Please don't flame me for being one of those guys with $10.95 burning a hole in their pocket. I know
I'm in a fortunate situation, and I'd appreciate constructive thoughts.

Best and thanks in advance, Fred
PS - please feel free to email me thoughts [email protected]

"Fred Moody" <[email protected]> wrote in
> [question about tubes or tires snipped]

Please ask in rec.bicycles.tech, which is an more appropriate group for your question.

Thanks,

JT

--
NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit http://www.jt10000.com

Status
Not open for further replies.