melli

Aug 7, 2003
Hi all, the last year i rode on vittoria rubino pro, I put over 3k
on these tyres and i'm very happy with them, a couple of pinch
flats in the rear though my fault, low on pressure. I want to try
the diamante pro lites for this season. It is still very cold i won't
be riding for another 2 to 3 weeks untill the snow melts. Has any-
one tried these they seem very light, I'm wondering if they will
be any reliable? Thank you for any info have a great year.

I don't have any of the Diamante models, but I have a 23mm Open Corsa EVO KS on the front, and it is the best tyre I've used by so far that it's rediculous!! I've done about 1000km on it, and so far so good.

The Diamante Pro Light is described as a "racing tyre", and is very light for a 23mm (175g), so I don't know how many miles you'll get out of it.

531Aussie said:
I don't have any of the Diamante models, but I have a 23mm Open Corsa EVO KS on the front, and it is the best tyre I've used by so far that it's rediculous!! I've done about 1000km on it, and so far so good.

The Diamante Pro Light is described as a "racing tyre", and is very light for a 23mm (175g), so I don't know how many miles you'll get out of it.

What are you using for a rear? I'm asking cause, after 3000k my front rubino
pro has quite some life left in it. Very smooth tyres, never flat in the front,
but very small cuts I don't want to transfer to the rear, thats why I want a new set and the diamante pro lites caught my attention with their high tpi count and weight savings. I'm also rebuilding my wheels with dt revolution 2.0 1.5 2.0 spokes to further the smoothness, and weight savings. I don't know what the end result will be but I think on paper it looks good. What do you think?

melli said:
Hi all, the last year i rode on vittoria rubino pro, I put over 3k
on these tyres and i'm very happy with them, a couple of pinch
flats in the rear though my fault, low on pressure. I want to try
the diamante pro lites for this season. It is still very cold i won't
be riding for another 2 to 3 weeks untill the snow melts. Has any-
one tried these they seem very light, I'm wondering if they will
be any reliable? Thank you for any info have a great year.
I am not sure if these are the same as you're asking about, but I've been riding a pair of Vittoria Diamante Pros for about 1500+ miles now. I have really enjoyed these tires. I have only had one flat on these tires.(it was a piece of sheet metal that would have punctured anything out there). They have a really nice ride and corner very well. It looks like I have at least another 500 miles left in them, although they don't stick in the corners as much as they used to. I plan on trying Michelen Pro Race next time I need new tires, not because I dislike the Vittorias, I am just curious to try them.

melli said:
What are you using for a rear? I'm asking cause, after 3000k my front rubino
pro has quite some life left in it. Very smooth tyres, never flat in the front,
but very small cuts I don't want to transfer to the rear, thats why I want a new set and the diamante pro lites caught my attention with their high tpi count and weight savings.

At the moment I've just got a 20mm wire bead Continental GP on the back. I've had better tyres, but I got a bunch of them for such a great price....

Like I said above, it sounds to me like the Pro Light won't be a durable tyre at 175g for a 23mm, but I suppose if you wanna have fun trying a light tyre, then why not?:)

My Open Corsa EVO KS is 230g at 23mm, and has a 290tpi.

If you want a bit more duarability, some of the other top models have a bit more rubber on them:
http://www.vittoria.com/index3.asp?lingua=en

The diamante is a good tyre but will not be as durable as the rubino pro

the KS and KX range are both good too.

Of all the tyres I've seen, I give the badge for best balance of durability, performance and price to Vitts.