Vittoria Diamante Pro tires?

LotusMan

Jun 6, 2006
Does anyone have any experience with, or thoughts about, the Vittoria Diamante Pro clincher tire? How is it's puncture resistance (like most, it's claimed to be great)? It has a 220 TPI casing, a bead-to-bead puncture protection layer and a 210 gram weight (700x23 size). It seems like it is roughly equivalent to the Michelin Pro2 Race and the Continental's GP 4000. In contrast with these other tires, it doesn't seem to be as effectively marketed or distributed in the US. It's also hard to find any comments about the Vittoria Diamante Pro in these fora at all. Any thoughts, experience, comments or knowledges about these tires would be helpful.. Thanks.

LotusMan said:
Does anyone have any experience with, or thoughts about, the Vittoria Diamante Pro clincher tire? How is it's puncture resistance (like most, it's claimed to be great)? It has a 220 TPI casing, a bead-to-bead puncture protection layer and a 210 gram weight (700x23 size). It seems like it is roughly equivalent to the Michelin Pro2 Race and the Continental's GP 4000. In contrast with these other tires, it doesn't seem to be as effectively marketed or distributed in the US. It's also hard to find any comments about the Vittoria Diamante Pro in these fora at all. Any thoughts, experience, comments or knowledges about these tires would be helpful.. Thanks.
I ride Diamante Pros. I've ridden Vittoria Open CX, Conti GP3000's and Supersonics; Vredestien TriComps, etc. While I love the CX's they have literally no puncture protection - thus the Diamante Pros. They give up a little in rolling resistance and offer much more in puncture protection. Shoot, I rode through glass several times this AM and had no problems. How much rolling resistance?
http://www.biketechreview.com/tires/AFM_tire_crr.htm