Vittoria EVO v Open Corsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pete Biggs

Anyone tried the new Vittoria Open CX EVO KS or KX tyre (23)? I'm wondering how it compares in size
& performance to the Open Corsa CX TT 23?

I notice the Evo is rated up to 10 bar (as opposed to 9 for the Corsa). I'm guessing that means it's
actually narrower, as it's otherwise quite similar as far as I can tell.

~PB

Big difference is every fourth thread is Kevlar, which should make it more puncture resistant
without the stiffness of a full Kevlar belt.

"Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone tried the new Vittoria Open CX EVO KS or KX tyre (23)? I'm wondering how it compares in
> size & performance to the Open Corsa CX TT 23?
>
> I notice the Evo is rated up to 10 bar (as opposed to 9 for the Corsa). I'm guessing that means
> it's actually narrower, as it's otherwise quite similar as far as I can tell.
>
> ~PB

"Wantagofast" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Big difference is every fourth thread is Kevlar, which should make it more puncture resistant
> without the stiffness of a full Kevlar belt.

But won't sharp things just work their way between the widely spaced threads?

--
Dave...

Dave Kahn wrote:
> "Wantagofast" wrote:
>> Big difference is every fourth thread is Kevlar, which should make it more puncture resistant
>> without the stiffness of a full Kevlar belt.
>
> But won't sharp things just work their way between the widely spaced threads?

As the tyre has 290 threads per inch (!!), the Kevlar threads won't be that far apart. But yes, I
would still expect some glass to work its way through, as it does with Kevlar belts too. But it'd be
good if it was even more supple. Puncture resistance is not the number one concern for me.

I'd still be interested to know how the "23" width compares to the old CX TT 23 version if anyone
knows that.

Thanks very much for the info Mr/Ms Gofast.

~PB

Status
Not open for further replies.