Vittoria Rubino Pro tires

scho047

Sep 4, 2006
Hey guys,

Just wanted to get some feedback and advice on Rubino Pro tires....
I just ordered two pair as it was selling for NZ$30 each... which is very cheap...
I am currently using Rubino Tech and was wondering if I will experience huge difference and what about the puncture resistance issue?
and finally would it be good for competing in charity rides???

scho047 said:
Hey guys,

I just ordered two pair as it was selling for NZ$30 each... which is very cheap...
I am currently using Rubino Tech and was wondering if I will experience huge difference and what about the puncture resistance issue?
As i know, Rubino and Rubino Tech are both typical training tires with features like 60TPI, 310+g weight, thick rubber and excellent puncture resistance. The first time I put a pair of Robino on my training bike, I was totally impressed by the comfortable ride they provided. Much much more comfortable than my Michelin, Vittoria racing tires and Maxxis, Bontrager training tires. And I can notice they are heavy to spin up to high speed and the rolling resistance seems bigger than my other tires. But I don't care because I'm using them only for training.

Robino Pro is one level higher than Robino with 120TPI and 210+g weight. By losing 100g on the eage of each wheel, I guess you can spin up easier. Vittoria has 290TPI and 220TPI tires for racing.

scho047 said:
Hey guys,

I have these mounted on two bikes, and they've been very durable. Nice ride as well. Not really a racing tire, but a very nice training tire.

kk4df said:
I have these mounted on two bikes, and they've been very durable. Nice ride as well. Not really a racing tire, but a very nice training tire.

I've raced and trained almost exclusively on Rubino Pro's for the last year. They are fine. I've done a lot of crit racing in mainly dry conditions, but a few wet races as well and the grip is generally adequate. In wet races I typically ride with lower pressures front and back to get the grip I'm looking for, you still have the odd lose on the back end but that's what happens regardless of the tire riding wet flat tracks with lots of 90 degree turns.

--brett

mmmmmm found them really good wearing and gr8 i the dry however if they have done a few k dead useless in the wet, borderline dangerous - ive watched other riders put their bikes down on atleast 3 occasions in the wet using these tires and heard similair reports from many other riders, but in the dry they are tops. Also found them ridiciously tight on spinergy spox rims but so are most tires.......pros- heaps of milage, few punctures cons- hell danmgerous in the wet
sideshow_bob said:
I've raced and trained almost exclusively on Rubino Pro's for the last year. They are fine. I've done a lot of crit racing in mainly dry conditions, but a few wet races as well and the grip is generally adequate. In wet races I typically ride with lower pressures front and back to get the grip I'm looking for, you still have the odd lose on the back end but that's what happens regardless of the tire riding wet flat tracks with lots of 90 degree turns.

--brett