Vittoria tires....Yes or No?

bianchi10

Oct 28, 2009
I did a search and wasnt able to find anything, but that doesn't mean it isn't out there.

I saw some Vittoria Rubino pro tires that caught my eye. I thought it would look awesome with my bike but wasn't sure on the durability or kind of tire it was. As of now I ride a michelin pro 3 set and have loved them so far.

What would you say? stick with the michelin? Do you have any good or bad experience with the Vittoria?

I found Vittoria tires cut quite easy, may not be the case any more though, I haven't used them for years.

Vittoria make excellent tires, especially their upper range stuff has good crr and they corner nicely. Having said that however, the Rubino Pro, at least the last time I used a set, didn't impress me very much. They were ok as training tires in that they were more durable than the pricier Vittorias, but cornering was only so-so, but I would rather have good grip and lower rr, even in a training tire. YMMV.

Vittoria's upper range, while being very nice, wear quickly and cut easily (as Steve said).

FWIW, I switched to Michelin Pro 2 Race, and now run the 3s as well. For me, they're a good tire as they corner well and roll well. They also wear quickly and cut easily, but it's a price I'm willing to pay for good performance on the road. Again, YMMV.

i had a good experience on Vittoria,
it was an old non-foldable kevlar clincher
never punctured on them
lasted forever (front wheel)

Ran the Open Corsa CX last year; one front and two rear. A fun race tire to try if you can find them at a decent price. They felt great, "softer" ride than my usual GP4000, fine grip, maybe faster rolling as well. Handling of the bike felt a bit different, almost like changing to radial tires, but very secure. Upped the pressure from 100/110 to 120 because they felt so soft at 100. But had a few punctures on the road, and they only lasted 1500-1700 on the back which is about half the life of the 4000.

To be fair, the box does warn that they are high-performance race tires, and that gravel should be avoided. For strictly racing, wouldn't hesitate to use them, but for my training and club riding/centuries, prefer more durability. Changed back to the GP4000's before a big western trip last summer because I didn't want to risk the punctures.

I have various Rubino series tires on three bikes and they have quite a following at Wiggle.com in England.

Like most everyone else has said, the Vittoria tires that I have used were fun to ride, fairly expensive, wore quickly, and cut easily. I would use Open Corsa EVO CX only on my race wheels and would use a less expensive tire on my trainers, something like the Michelin Lithion.

There is the Vittoria Diamante that is supposed to be high performance but puncture resistant. I have never tried them as they came after I stopped racing, but I would be interested in hearing what others might have found with them.