Vittoria tubular tires, removable valve core?

curby

May 9, 2006
I have some (inexpensive?) Vittoria Rubino Pro tubulars, red anodized valve stems. They should be 2009 stock. I can't determine if the valve core is removable! If I turn any harder on the core remover I think it might come out or it just might snap off, hehe I want to add the type of vavle extender that you pull the core, install the extender and re-install the core into the extender. Vittoria website says the valve assembly is the same on most of their tires, including these. My contact to Vittoria via their website has gone unanswered for several days... bah!

thanks

curby said:
I have some (inexpensive?) Vittoria Rubino Pro tubulars, red anodized valve stems. They should be 2009 stock. I can't determine if the valve core is removable! If I turn any harder on the core remover I think it might come out or it just might snap off, hehe I want to add the type of vavle extender that you pull the core, install the extender and re-install the core into the extender. Vittoria website says the valve assembly is the same on most of their tires, including these. My contact to Vittoria via their website has gone unanswered for several days... bah!

thanks

I think those have a removable valve, the entire thing from the base of the valve to be able to use Vittoria's own longer valves. If they are red, that's how they work. There should have been a little tag around the valve when it was new explaining this somewhat strange arrangement.

thanks Peter, that is in fact what I have... it is probably on the Vittoria website but I didn't catch it. Glad I didnt force the core out of the valve! hehe