Vitus frame repair

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Derek, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek

Derek Guest

Hi I have a sad, old Vitus 929 frame that is falling to pieces. In particular, the down tube has
    separated from the bottom bracket. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas? Thanks in
    advance Derek

Tags:

2. Mike S.

Mike S. Guest

"Derek" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi I have a sad, old Vitus 929 frame that is falling to pieces. In particular, the down tube has
    > separated from the bottom bracket. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas? Thanks in
    > advance Derek

Harry Havnoonian. Go look him up on the web.

Mike

3. In article <[email protected]ing.google.com>, [email protected] says...
    >
    >
    >Hi I have a sad, old Vitus 929 frame that is falling to pieces. In particular, the down tube has
    >separated from the bottom bracket. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Get in touch with Harry Havnoonian(sp?) .
    --
    -----------------
    Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

4. Rob Cohen

Rob Cohen Guest

Perhaps I caught the shop on a couple bad days, but when I needed parts for my Vitus, they
    didn't help me at all, and left me with the distinct sense that they couldn't care less about
    repairing Vitae.

I know that HH is widely referenced as the North American repair center for Vitus (whatever that
    means), but I'd be interested to know whether the folks who pass along this shop's link have
    actually used HH's services wrt Vitus repair. I eventually got my Vitus parts from Giro Poste, in
    Canada, and was very pleased with the help I received.

Rob

Mike S. wrote:
    > "Derek" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Hi I have a sad, old Vitus 929 frame that is falling to pieces. In particular, the down tube has
    >>separated from the bottom bracket. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas? Thanks in
    >>advance Derek
    >
    >
    > Harry Havnoonian. Go look him up on the web.
    >
    > Mike

5. Jeff Wills

Jeff Wills Guest

[email protected] (Derek) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi I have a sad, old Vitus 929 frame that is falling to pieces. In particular, the down tube has
    > separated from the bottom bracket. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas? Thanks in
    > advance Derek

If you're anywhere near the West Coast of the U.S., contact Open Road Bicycles in Pasadena,
    California: http://www.mybikesite.com/socal/shops/la__158.htm Open Road Bicycle Shop 60 N. Sierra
    Madre, Pasadena
    (626) 683-9986

I'm pretty sure Steve has all the lugs and jigs for repairing 929's.

Jeff

6. John Everett

John Everett Guest

On Tue, 13 May 2003 23:19:14 GMT, Rob Cohen <[email protected]> wrote:

>Perhaps I caught the shop on a couple bad days, but when I needed parts for my Vitus, they
    >didn't help me at all, and left me with the distinct sense that they couldn't care less about
    >repairing Vitae.
    >
    >I know that HH is widely referenced as the North American repair center for Vitus (whatever that
    >means), but I'd be interested to know whether the folks who pass along this shop's link have
    >actually used HH's services wrt Vitus repair.

A friend of mine had a front dropout on his 992 rebonded by HH a couple of years ago.

>I eventually got my Vitus parts from Giro Poste, in Canada, and was very pleased with the help I
    >received.

I too have dealt with Giro Poste (Tim Laspa) and am a satisfied customer.

jeverett3<AT>earthlink<DOT>net http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.