vitus frameset repair

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Hsp, Jul 6, 2003.

  1. Hsp

    Hsp Guest

    hi, after 10+ years my frame (vitus plus carbone) failed because the seat tube came unglued from
    aluminium BB lug (the failure is unnoticeable). can be repaired ? is this a complex job ? i live in
    South America (Chile) where can i send to repair ? (Vitus web site
    http://www.protee.fr/vitus/default.htm does not exist anymore) any advice is wellcomed

    Thanks!!

    Tags:

  2. John McGraw

    John McGraw Guest

    "HSP" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<TV5Oa.74176$%[email protected]>...
    > hi, after 10+ years my frame (vitus plus carbone) failed because the seat tube came unglued from
    > aluminium BB lug (the failure is unnoticeable). can be repaired ? is this a complex job ? i live
    > in South America (Chile) where can i send to repair ? (Vitus web site
    > http://www.protee.fr/vitus/default.htm does not exist anymore) any advice is wellcomed
    >
    > Thanks!!

    I had a Vitus Carbon 9 w/ full C-Record, for many years & many happy miles that everyone said
    that the frame was going to come unglued. I believed them, (and still do) but it never came apart
    while I owned
    it. Anyway, try these people; http://www.hhracinggroup.com They used to repair them. If they no
    longer do, ask them who does. Good Luck John

  3. "HSP" <[email protected]> writes:

    >hi, after 10+ years my frame (vitus plus carbone) failed because the seat tube came unglued from
    >aluminium BB lug (the failure is unnoticeable). can be repaired ? is this a complex job ?

    Alan of Italy makes similar frames and they are still in business. While I doubt you want to send it
    to them, you might want to contact an Alan distributor for a referral on who can perform repairs to
    their frames. Alan makes bonded aluminum and bonded carbon frames. They were the first ones doing it
    - Vitus imitated their designs.

    http://www.alan-bikeframes.com/

    - Don

  4. Hsp