vitus frameset repair

Hsp

Guest
hi, after 10+ years my frame (vitus plus carbone) failed because the seat tube came unglued from
aluminium BB lug (the failure is unnoticeable). can be repaired ? is this a complex job ? i live in
South America (Chile) where can i send to repair ? (Vitus web site
http://www.protee.fr/vitus/default.htm does not exist anymore) any advice is wellcomed

Thanks!!

"HSP" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<TV5Oa.74176$%Y6.187808@maule>...
> hi, after 10+ years my frame (vitus plus carbone) failed because the seat tube came unglued from
> aluminium BB lug (the failure is unnoticeable). can be repaired ? is this a complex job ? i live
> in South America (Chile) where can i send to repair ? (Vitus web site
> http://www.protee.fr/vitus/default.htm does not exist anymore) any advice is wellcomed
>
> Thanks!!

I had a Vitus Carbon 9 w/ full C-Record, for many years & many happy miles that everyone said
that the frame was going to come unglued. I believed them, (and still do) but it never came apart
while I owned
it. Anyway, try these people; http://www.hhracinggroup.com They used to repair them. If they no
longer do, ask them who does. Good Luck John

"HSP" <[email protected]> writes:

>hi, after 10+ years my frame (vitus plus carbone) failed because the seat tube came unglued from
>aluminium BB lug (the failure is unnoticeable). can be repaired ? is this a complex job ?

Alan of Italy makes similar frames and they are still in business. While I doubt you want to send it
to them, you might want to contact an Alan distributor for a referral on who can perform repairs to
their frames. Alan makes bonded aluminum and bonded carbon frames. They were the first ones doing it
- Vitus imitated their designs.

http://www.alan-bikeframes.com/

- Don

Thanks John!!