Vive la Tour de Lance!

Buck wrote:
> On 07/25/2005 15:48:48 "The Daily Rant" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Repost>> I am angry ................

> Another one for the killfile.
>
> --
>
> Buck
>
> I would rather be out on my Catrike
>
> http://www.catrike.co.uk

Well.... who wouldn't be.

Buck wrote:
> On 07/25/2005 15:48:48 "The Daily Rant" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Repost>> I am angry ................

> Another one for the killfile.
>
> --
>
> Buck
>
> I would rather be out on my Catrike
>
> http://www.catrike.co.uk

Well.... who wouldn't be.

The Daily Rant wrote:
> Buck wrote:
> > On 07/25/2005 15:48:48 "The Daily Rant" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > Repost>> I am angry ................

> > Another one for the killfile.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Buck
> >
> > I would rather be out on my Catrike
> >
> > http://www.catrike.co.uk

The Catrike looks like a lot of fun but don't you get a lung full of
transmission smog if you ride one in rush hour traffic?

The Daily Rant wrote:
> Buck wrote:
> > On 07/25/2005 15:48:48 "The Daily Rant" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > Repost>> I am angry ................

> > Another one for the killfile.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Buck
> >
> > I would rather be out on my Catrike
> >
> > http://www.catrike.co.uk

The Catrike looks like a lot of fun but don't you get a lung full of
transmission smog if you ride one in rush hour traffic?

The Catrike looks like a lot of fun but don't you risk getting a
lungfull of exhaust fumes when you ride them in rush hour traffic?

The Catrike looks like a lot of fun but don't you risk getting a
lungfull of exhaust fumes when you ride them in rush hour traffic?

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:42:34 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>>When you go to France you'll note that if a waiter comes up to an overweight
>>person he automatically addresses him in English. This is because fat people
>>are usually 1) Americans 2) Brits or 3) Germans.

>http://www.oecd.org/document/16/0,2340,en_2649_34631_2085200_1_1_1_1,00.html

Wow! The change in % obesity figures since 1980 is really quite
shocking!

Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~

I submit that on or about Wed, 27 Jul 2005 07:34:55 +0100, the person
known to the court as Peewiglet <[email protected]> made a
statement (<[email protected]> in Your
Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

>>http://www.oecd.org/document/16/0,2340,en_2649_34631_2085200_1_1_1_1,00.html

>Wow! The change in % obesity figures since 1980 is really quite
>shocking!

Indeed. I'd not be surprised if Western world was heading towards an
American figure of around 30% clinically obese. On the plus side, I
never liked pies that much anyway, so the fact that Angie and Eric ate
them all is not a problem for me...

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

JCM wrote:

> No Frenchman could win the Tour de France seven times in a row. Only
> an American can do that.
>
> No fat person could even compete in the Tour de France.

Fat people are not allowed to compete in the Tour de France since they
do not have the lean look the racing commission is looking for. I have
fat friends who could give Lance a run for his money.

Lift the ban on fat people in cycling then watch the fat bashers weep.

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> Indeed. I'd not be surprised if Western world was heading towards an
> American figure of around 30% clinically obese. On the plus side, I
> never liked pies that much anyway, so the fact that Angie and Eric ate
> them all is not a problem for me...

ITYM "Angie, Eric and Jan"

All your call centre are belong to us.

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:10:37 -0500, "Real BBW"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Fat people are not allowed to compete in the Tour de France since they
>do not have the lean look the racing commission is looking for. I have
>fat friends who could give Lance a run for his money.

No you don't. You're just being silly.

>Lift the ban on fat people in cycling then watch the fat bashers weep.

Tears of laughter?

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:15:52 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>>>http://www.oecd.org/document/16/0,2340,en_2649_34631_2085200_1_1_1_1,00.html

>>Wow! The change in % obesity figures since 1980 is really quite
>>shocking!

>Indeed. I'd not be surprised if Western world was heading towards an
>American figure of around 30% clinically obese.

It looks that way.

>Guy
>--
>http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Excellent page!

>"To every complex problem there is a solution which is
>simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

So true :)

Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~

Real BBW wrote:

> Fat people are not allowed to compete in the Tour de France since
> they do not have the lean look the racing commission is looking
> for. I have fat friends who could give Lance a run for his money.
>
> Lift the ban on fat people in cycling then watch the fat bashers
> weep.

Nurse! Nurse! She's out of bed again!

--
Dave...

I submit that on or about Fri, 29 Jul 2005 07:54:50 +0100, the person
known to the court as Peewiglet <[email protected]> made a
statement (<[email protected]> in Your
Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

>>http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

>Excellent page!

Thank you, kind Peewiglet :)

>>"To every complex problem there is a solution which is
>>simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

>So true :)

One of my favourites. But then I am an Adamsite :)

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

I submit that on or about Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:10:37 -0500, the person
known to the court as "Real BBW" <[email protected]> made
a statement (<[email protected]> in Your Honour's
bundle) to the following effect:

>Fat people are not allowed to compete in the Tour de France since they
>do not have the lean look the racing commission is looking for.

LOL! That's hilarious, just hilarious!

I am pretty much the fastest cyclist I know, riding round London these
last few days not *one* cyclist has passed me and stayed in front.
But Lance rides *up mountains* faster than I can ride on the flat!
You just have no idea of the gulf between pro riders and us ordinary
mortals!

Guy
--

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> I submit that on or about Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:10:37 -0500, the person
> known to the court as "Real BBW" <[email protected]> made
> a statement (<[email protected]> in Your Honour's
> bundle) to the following effect:
>

>>Fat people are not allowed to compete in the Tour de France since they
>>do not have the lean look the racing commission is looking for.

> LOL! That's hilarious, just hilarious!
>
> I am pretty much the fastest cyclist I know, riding round London these
> last few days not *one* cyclist has passed me and stayed in front.
> But Lance rides *up mountains* faster than I can ride on the flat!
> You just have no idea of the gulf between pro riders and us ordinary
> mortals!

And Jan Ulrich is allowed to compete in the TdeF. ;-)

--
Tony

Anon

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> I am pretty much the fastest cyclist I know, riding round London these
> last few days not *one* cyclist has passed me and stayed in front.
> But Lance rides *up mountains* faster than I can ride on the flat!
> You just have no idea of the gulf between pro riders and us ordinary
> mortals!
>

> Guy

Now *that* is slow. (Typical up-mountain speed: 15 mph or less, no
matter who you are, what time of year it is, or what you're on.)

Conservative dictionary:
Judicial Activist: n. A judge who tends to rule against your wishes.

Raptor wrote:
> Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
>
>> I am pretty much the fastest cyclist I know, riding round London these
>> last few days not *one* cyclist has passed me and stayed in front.
>> But Lance rides *up mountains* faster than I can ride on the flat!
>> You just have no idea of the gulf between pro riders and us ordinary
>> mortals!
>>

>> Guy

> Now *that* is slow. (Typical up-mountain speed: 15 mph or less, no
> matter who you are, what time of year it is, or what you're on.)

Typical speeds are much faster than that. Alpe d'Huez is one of the
toughest mountain climbs out there. It is a 9.6 mile climb through 21
switchbacks. Armstrong completed it in 39min 42s for an average speed
of 14.4mph. He does more normal mountain climbs a good deal faster than
that.

--
Tony

Anon

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 08:48:16 +0100, Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote:

>Raptor wrote:
>> Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
>>
>>> I am pretty much the fastest cyclist I know, riding round London these
>>> last few days not *one* cyclist has passed me and stayed in front.
>>> But Lance rides *up mountains* faster than I can ride on the flat!
>>> You just have no idea of the gulf between pro riders and us ordinary
>>> mortals!
>>>

>>> Guy

>> Now *that* is slow. (Typical up-mountain speed: 15 mph or less, no
>> matter who you are, what time of year it is, or what you're on.)
>>

>Typical speeds are much faster than that. Alpe d'Huez is one of the
>toughest mountain climbs out there. It is a 9.6 mile climb through 21
>switchbacks. Armstrong completed it in 39min 42s for an average speed
>of 14.4mph. He does more normal mountain climbs a good deal faster than
>that.

What is the height gain on that stretch.

Just want to know how slow I really am :)

I submit that on or about Sat, 30 Jul 2005 01:17:49 -0600, the person
known to the court as Raptor <[email protected]> made a statement
(<[email protected]> in Your Honour's bundle) to the
following effect:

>Now *that* is slow. (Typical up-mountain speed: 15 mph or less, no
>matter who you are, what time of year it is, or what you're on.)

I average around 20mph on the open road.

Guy