vivo or jet stream?

migo

Oct 7, 2006
I can get, second hand, a Rans Vivo for $1000 (CDN) or an Actionbent Jet Stream for $550 (CDN). I've ridden a SWB bike before, was a bit twitchy but I'm sure I could get used to it. The suspension on the Vivo looks very appealing, I generally ride on roads but I'll occasionally go on trails (I used to have a mountain bike and had the handlebars and tires modified for road riding, it was stolen). I figure I could restrict myself to road riding (I live in Vancouver) if I were to get the Jet Stream.

The reviews I've read have said the Vivo is really easy to learn for new bent riders. I haven't found anything about that either way for the Jet Stream.

Hi, If you want great suspension get the Vivo, Ive test ridden one, and it absorbed bumps well. The suspension on that bike is a little pogo ish though, but you can learn how to avoid most of that. The jetstream , is that bike right local to you, used. If so, it may be worth having a pro dealer go over it for condition if you dont feel comfy with that. The ab bikes have been known to have strange little problems, that have been made worse by the usa importers lack of skill and poor warranty record. If you are buying one new, and are doing it online or something, contact jeffo, at rebel cycles in canada. He posts on that yahoo actionbent board as jeffo, he is bound to be a better guy to buy a new ,,, so called actionbent ,,,,from than the usa distributor.

migo said:
I can get, second hand, a Rans Vivo for $1000 (CDN) or an Actionbent Jet Stream for $550 (CDN). I've ridden a SWB bike before, was a bit twitchy but I'm sure I could get used to it. The suspension on the Vivo looks very appealing, I generally ride on roads but I'll occasionally go on trails (I used to have a mountain bike and had the handlebars and tires modified for road riding, it was stolen). I figure I could restrict myself to road riding (I live in Vancouver) if I were to get the Jet Stream.

The reviews I've read have said the Vivo is really easy to learn for new bent riders. I haven't found anything about that either way for the Jet Stream.