VK2-frame collected

Mikael Seierup

Guest
Spanking new frame. Weighs 2400-2500 g. Unfortunately tire clearance will be a problem with the
S-Licks. Will have to do a "Scozzafava" on the rear bit with a file. ;-) (Well or dig up some
skinnier tires. Whats comparable to S-Licks but more durable than Stelvios?)

Anyway it looks a lot sleeker in reality than on pics and comfort is still great. I was unable
to resist temptation and bought the new offset fork for caliper brakes too. 320-340 g or so.
(Scale sucks)

Kamil makes two kinds of seats btw. One light and one a bit sturdier. Think the light one weighed
406 or 506 g for a medium.

Mikael

Mikael Seierup wrote:

> Spanking new frame. Weighs 2400-2500 g. Unfortunately tire clearance will be a problem with the
> S-Licks. Will have to do a "Scozzafava" on the rear bit with a file. ;-) (Well or dig up some
> skinnier tires. Whats comparable to S-Licks but more durable than Stelvios?)

More durable than Stelvios? *Anything* is more durable than Stelvios. I dumped the Stelvio on my
Baron and went to a Comet in front. It may be a bit slower, but it is a whole lot more dependable. I
am no longer losing rubber off the shoulder, which I blame for my crash at Waterford; and haven't
had any cord delamination in over a thousand miles! Not bad for a tire that's half the price.
--

John Foltz --- O _ Baron --- _O _ V-Rex 24 --- _\\/\-%)

I'm switching to an IRC 1 1/8. It's on order. The paper thin side wall on my Shwalbe Stelvio lost
it's rubber when I had a slow leaker flat and limped home. I'm done with high $ tires until Race
day. They don't cut it for day to day use.

Tom "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Spanking new frame. Weighs 2400-2500 g. Unfortunately tire clearance will be a problem with the
> S-Licks. Will have to do a "Scozzafava" on the rear bit with a file. ;-) (Well or dig up some
> skinnier tires. Whats comparable to S-Licks but more durable than Stelvios?)
>
> Anyway it looks a lot sleeker in reality than on pics and comfort is still great. I was unable
> to resist temptation and bought the new offset fork for caliper brakes too. 320-340 g or so.
> (Scale sucks)
>
> Kamil makes two kinds of seats btw. One light and one a bit sturdier. Think the light one weighed
> 406 or 506 g for a medium.
>
> Mikael

> Spanking new frame. Weighs 2400-2500 g. Unfortunately tire clearance will be a problem with the
> S-Licks. Will have to do a "Scozzafava" on the rear bit with a file. ;-) (Well or dig up some
> skinnier tires. Whats comparable to S-Licks but more durable than Stelvios?)
>
> Anyway it looks a lot sleeker in reality than on pics and comfort is still great. I was unable
> to resist temptation and bought the new offset fork for caliper brakes too. 320-340 g or so.
> (Scale sucks)

Congrats! Can I have a look on a monday near me soon? I expect to be at Leitra's tonight to show off
my brand new state-of-the-art reflex decor, and my chopped-down seat (now down around 1000 gram) ;-)

Torben

"Torben Scheel" skrev...
> Congrats! Can I have a look on a monday near me soon? I expect to be at Leitra's tonight to show
> off my brand new state-of-the-art reflex decor, and my chopped-down seat (now down around 1000
> gram) ;-)

Hmm maybe next monday. I want to fix the clearance problem so I can use S-Licks on the rear and
theres assembly and such. Will sport the monofork for the time being. I need a wheel built for
the offset.

1000 g, eh? Turning weightweenie on us? :)

Mikael

> Hmm maybe next monday. I want to fix the clearance problem so I can use S-Licks on the rear and
> theres assembly and such.

I seem to recall some Panaracer 559*25 w. kevlar (?)

> Will sport the monofork for the time being. I need a wheel built for the offset.

I'm thinking 'bout making offset (steel)fork and wheel for the Evita and letting the chain take the
shorter route. Should spare me some maintenance headache (and 13.7 chainlinks ;-)

> 1000 g, eh? Turning weightweenie on us? :)

Just an optimistic guess.. hmm 25+(2*4)cm * 85cm * 0.25cm * 2.7g/cm3 = 1893g - that's more like it!
(I might drill some holes in the anchor).

Regards, Torben