Vogels bad crash Fitchburg

John Lieswyn

Guest
I heard Vogels broke an ankle, vertebrae, etc. in a bad crash on the big descent in today's
Fitchburg Wachusett Mtn road stage.

Also, how bout the rout of Baldwin and Navigators by Horner/Rapinski & Sayers in the circuit race?
They lapped the field. And Horner went "slow" in the TT- saving it for the big "take a lap"?

Anyone see the circuit race or know what happened?

"John Lieswyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3umLa.45383$Ab2.73298@sccrnsc01...
> I heard Vogels broke an ankle, vertebrae, etc. in a bad crash on the
big
> descent in today's Fitchburg Wachusett Mtn road stage.

I was in another field and passed by Vogels getting loaded into an ambulance. I don't have any
details but have to say I really dislike that descent. Tons of frostheaves and cracks in the road.
Very scary.

> Also, how bout the rout of Baldwin and Navigators by Horner/Rapinski & Sayers in the circuit race?
> They lapped the field. And Horner went "slow" in the TT- saving it for the big "take a lap"?
>
> Anyone see the circuit race or know what happened?

A friend said that he saw the Saturn guys sitting around sipping coffee at a nearby coffee shop near
their motel after the race ended and they looked like they'd been out for an easy Sunday ride. I
don't know what that means other than that Horner is strong. But I guess you know that already....

JT

NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit http://www.jt10000.com

According to Australian television who spoke to Henk Vogels Senior Henk broke a vertebrae in his
neck. Original fears were that he wouldn't walk again as he could only move his eyelids and all else
was numb. However feeling is beginning to return in his body. Hope he has a full recovery

Peter

> "John Lieswyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3umLa.45383$Ab2.73298@sccrnsc01...
> > I heard Vogels broke an ankle, vertebrae, etc. in a bad crash on the
> big
> > descent in today's Fitchburg Wachusett Mtn road stage.
>
> I was in another field and passed by Vogels getting loaded into an ambulance. I don't have any
> details but have to say I really dislike that descent. Tons of frostheaves and cracks in the road.
> Very scary.
>
> > Also, how bout the rout of Baldwin and Navigators by Horner/Rapinski & Sayers in the
> > circuit race? They lapped the field. And Horner went "slow" in the TT- saving it for the
> > big "take a lap"?
> >
> > Anyone see the circuit race or know what happened?
>
> A friend said that he saw the Saturn guys sitting around sipping coffee at a nearby coffee shop
> near their motel after the race ended and they looked like they'd been out for an easy Sunday
> ride. I don't know what that means other than that Horner is strong. But I guess you know that
> already....
>

> JT

> NB: reply-to address is munged
>
> Visit http://www.jt10000.com

"John Lieswyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<3umLa.45383$Ab2.73298@sccrnsc01>...
> I heard Vogels broke an ankle, vertebrae, etc. in a bad crash on the big descent in today's
> Fitchburg Wachusett Mtn road stage.
>
> Also, how bout the rout of Baldwin and Navigators by Horner/Rapinski & Sayers in the circuit race?
> They lapped the field. And Horner went "slow" in the TT- saving it for the big "take a lap"?
>
> Anyone see the circuit race or know what happened?

I talked to Page after the race (I was not there) but he said there was not alot of interest in
chasing from the field. Instead, a chase group formed, driven by Prime for Vaughters, but
again, they
did/would/could not work well together and so could not bring them back.

Game over. Pretty damn lame, really.