Volae T-Bar Light Mount

John Knez

Guest
With the days getting shorter I'm riding more after the sun sets and
before it rises. My current lights (a pair of CatEye HL-EL500s) work
well for my needs. I've got them mounted on the handle bars of my
Burley Django, and they generally provide good coverage of the road
ahead. The bar is getting a little crowded, but I don't find handle bar
space to be an issue. However, I was looking at the the Volae T-Bar
light mount from Hostel Shoppe, and was wondering if there was much
advantage to mounting the lights lower on the bike. What advantages does
it provide over mounting the lights on the handle bars? Does the lower
and slightly more forward position of the T-Bar result in better
lighting of the road?

--
John Knez

> I was looking at the the Volae T-Bar light mount from Hostel
> Shoppe, and was wondering if there was much advantage to
> mounting the lights lower on the bike. What advantages does
> it provide over mounting the lights on the handle bars?
> Does the lower and slightly more forward position of the
> T-Bar result in better lighting of the road?

There is something to be said for better perception of the longer
shadows cast by road hazards with lower headlights; but the best effect
is with the lights quite low, so there may not be a significant
difference between the performance of a light on a T-bar mount and that
on a regular handlebar mount.

John Knez wrote:

> With the days getting shorter I'm riding more after the sun sets and
> before it rises. My current lights (a pair of CatEye HL-EL500s) work
> well for my needs. I've got them mounted on the handle bars of my
> Burley Django, and they generally provide good coverage of the road
> ahead. The bar is getting a little crowded, but I don't find handle
> bar space to be an issue. However, I was looking at the the Volae
> T-Bar light mount from Hostel Shoppe, and was wondering if there was
> much advantage to mounting the lights lower on the bike. What
> advantages does it provide over mounting the lights on the handle
> bars? Does the lower and slightly more forward position of the T-Bar
> result in better lighting of the road?
>
> --
> John Knez

I mounted my lights on the bottom of my hepcat seat, i can reach down
and turn then on when needed