Volnix's Ukraine Troll-out!!! :D

Volnix

Feb 19, 2011
Hi!
big-smile.png

So how about that Ukraine thing huh?

I dont know if there is anything about it in the news where you are but the situation seems to get worst and worst instead of just "cooling down" as these things usually do.

So shortly before the hose trucks arrive, which I think might be very soon, what do you think of the situation?

Apparently this Pro-Euro and Pro-Russia thing is going for a while in Ukraine...

I even heard that the Pro-Euro movement is the same part that supported the axis in WW2!!!

Do you think that there is any reason left in the protesters?

Do you think that the Ukrainian government are just Russian - paid leeches that leech out the country to Russia?

Do you think the Pro-Euro ones are gonna win the elections this time or are the Pro-Russian people there just more?

Do you think that Ukraine is a planet of our solar system?

...and finally dont you think that this looks tragically funny?
big-smile.png

Press this button to move to this thread to the soap box, or you can do it "manually" by replying!
big-smile.png

Well, at least if they take to cycling they have their helmets. My wife would say those outfit don't really match. What was the question?

Originally Posted by jhuskey
Well, at least if they take to cycling they have their helmets. My wife would say those outfit don't really match. What was the question?
Oh but they did...

At least this person says they did, doesn't he look "responsible and serious"?
big-smile.png

Probably thinking "Do I look bothered enough?"

Headline is: 19.48 The world's best spies - on bikes! =)

Spies!!! They are calling us Spies!!! I mean just because I arrived here in an inflatable dingy at 4am wearing black clothes and had lost my papers on the way, does it mean that I am suspected of Espionage???
big-smile.png

Edit: Ooops I forgot the "soundtrack"...
big-smile.png

0.jpg

Reason of edit: I dunno nuffin!
big-smile.png

Originally Posted by MotownBikeBoy
Sad. I hate to see situations spiral down into violence like that.
Is that Detroit's official point of view?
big-smile.png

0.jpg

0.jpg

From Al-Jazeera English:

(might not be page=2 by the time you read it...)

http://live.aljazeera.com/Event/Ukraine_liveblog?Page=2

Details of the deal:

1. Within 48 hours, a special law comes into effect which bring the old 2004 constitution back into effect. Those who signed it will form a government of national unity 10 day after the constitution is changed. 2. Further constitutional reform will be completed by September. 3. Elections will be held after this, that but no later than December. New electoral laws to be adopted and a new Central Electoral Commission will replace the existing one. 4. There will be an investigation into the violence by a joint commission (Council of Europe, opposition and the government) 5. Authorities will not announce a state of emergency. Government and opposition pledge not to use force. Parliament will adopt a third amnesty law which will work in the same way as the previous amnesty. Both sides will try to normalise life in towns and cities by vacating buildings and squares/streets. Weapons acquired illegally have to be returned within 72 hours there will be prosecutions. Authorities will only use security forces to defend public buildings. 6. All three Foreign Ministers and the Russian envoy call for an end to the violence immediately. Signed by Yanukovich, three opposition leaders, Polish FM, German FM, and representative of French FM. Anybody else thinking that the Pro-Russian voters might actually be more?
big-smile.png

0.jpg

You want a syringe? Or are you going to... "Sniff"?
big-smile.png

http://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-protest-pictures-2014-2

0.jpg

My limited knowledge of the Ukraine is that East Ukraine always viewed themselves as being Russian really.
Western Ukraine looks more to it's neighbours in Central Europe like Poland (who ruled large parts of the Ukraine centuries ago).

The Ukraine - the breadbasket of the Soviet Union - is a huge country. It is viewed by the Russians as a country within their sphere of influence, so I can understand Russian tetchiness
when it sees Ukraine wanting to have closer ties with Europe.

But the peoples will ought to be respected.

I can envisage the Ukraine splitting over this - and that would be a tragedy.

On a side note, our close friends adopted two orphans from the Ukraine 8 years ago.
I remember them telling me about the Ukraine. It is an interesting country.

Russia doesnt just "make deals" with Ukraine. A large part of the Russian fleet is based in the black sea. The economic deals are not just "better" for Ukraine from Russia. I think that they get some very low prices for quite a lot of things, like natural gas.

I think that the protesters are actually "bored" with being associated with Russia and just "dislike" the president. They are not that many, but they kinda took advantage of the police violence too gain sympathy and put pressure. Apparently the previous election was staged? Or that's what they say anyway. But there werent any alegations that the last one was.

Maybe the pro-Russian ones are just more. They are not just pro-Russian. They also speak Russian and the school system in some areas recently changed the official language that is taught there from Ukrainian to Russian.

Also kinda doubt that it would eventually be better for them to join the EU, as quite alot of countries in the EU at the moment (maybe most of them actually) are not doing very well.

Plus they are totally "letting" extreme right - wing militia type goons to participate in the protests. Maybe not a good idea to vote for anybody associated with these protests. Even the ones from the current government that approved some of the more serious violence that happened there.

It seems so...

It might be an international media scam for publicity (paranoid?
big-smile.png
) but, hmmm:

-Unmarked military vehicles
-Unmarked military uniform armed personel "occupying"... the airport???
etc

Btw these people dont look like "Pro-Russian protesters" (much).

It looks like its gonna "deflate" pretty soon but then again it's still true that some Ukrainians like Russia, some like the "West", and there are bad apples mixed in the situation.

I like Greenland.
big-smile.png

I am kinda getting all my information from Al - Jazeera's live blog for Ukraine (which are the juiciest news ever... but they are toxic.
big-smile.png
)

Al Jazeera Ukraine Live Blog:

http://live.aljazeera.com/Event/Ukraine_liveblog

Even if this thing comes back to normal and Crimea doesnt become a part of Russia (again) and the governmet elections dont elect a pro-Russian party, the "hotheads" are still gonna be there.

It's just evil whats happening but... At this point it seems that none of the "players" is innocent.
confused.png

Btw
big-smile.png

0.jpg