Vote for Armstrong on bbc.co.uk

Office Junior

New Member
Nov 6, 2003
I think you should all go to the bbc website and vote for Lance Armstrong's 1999 tour win as the most significant sporting moment. There are 100 moments from which you have to choose 10. Tommy Simpson's death is there too.

With the greatest respect to Lance, on the day when Scotland are playing Holland(*) in an attempt to make it to a major Championships, no one is going to take my vote away from Archie Gemmill.

Office Junior wrote:

> I think you should all go to the bbc website and vote for Lance Armstrong's 1999 tour win as the
> most significant sporting moment. There are 100 moments from which you have to choose 10. Tommy
> Simpson's death is there too.

Sorry, not me.

I'm still miffed that my thrashing of the World Champion Beer Mat Flipping Record in 1970-er - er
-ish hasn't even made the list :-((

John B

"Office Junior" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I think you should all go to the bbc website and vote for Lance Armstrong's 1999 tour win as the
> most significant sporting moment. There are 100 moments from which you have to choose 10. Tommy
> Simpson's death is there too.

Nah. Plenty of better moments.

But a link would be nice!!

"Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Office Junior" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I think you should all go to the bbc website and vote for Lance Armstrong's 1999 tour win as the
> > most significant sporting moment. There are 100 moments from which you have to choose 10. Tommy
> > Simpson's death is there too.
>

> Nah. Plenty of better moments.
>
> But a link would be nice!!

I sent them when I posted on the same subject over two weeks ago!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/sportingcentury/sportcentl.shtml

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/sportingcentury/sportcentt.shtml

Office Junior wrote:

> I think you should all go to the bbc website and vote for Lance Armstrong's 1999 tour win as the
> most significant sporting moment. There are 100 moments from which you have to choose 10. Tommy
> Simpson's death is there too.

Nah...if it was something about Merckx, Roche at the top of La Plagne, LeMond winning the Tour from
Fignon by 8 seconds or (my personal favourite) Poli winning the Mont Ventoux stage after an all-day
lone breakaway, despite being Cipo's 6'4" lead-out man - not exactly a climber - and having also
spent most of the previous day out on his own. He said he was driven to win the stage (by several
minutes) because he was so frustrated at being caught the day before. I think he actually came last,
or nearly so, on GC despite the stage win!

Zog The Undeniable wrote:

> LeMond winning the Tour from Fignon by 8 seconds or (my personal favourite)

Mine too,

The Judge: Have you anything to say in your defence? Berti Vogts: What's defence?

>LeMond winning the Tour from Fignon by 8 seconds or (my personal favourite)

Definitely one of my all-time fav cycling moments.

Cheers, helen s

fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

Originally posted by robbiew
With the greatest respect to Lance, on the day when Scotland are playing Holland(*) in an attempt to make it to a major Championships, no one is going to take my vote away from Archie Gemmill.

Yeah... right... oh well too bad about that huh?

;)

Just kidding

[email protected] (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >LeMond winning the Tour from Fignon by 8 seconds or (my personal favourite)
>
> Definitely one of my all-time fav cycling moments.

How about:

1. Stephen Roche flying up that mountain in pursuit of Pedro Delgado
(2)

3. Djamolidine Abdoujaparov taking the mother of all spills on the Champs Elysees (1993?)

4. I got really 'fond & wistful' when the Tour stopped at the site of Fabio Casartelli's death a few
years after it happened. Hair on back of neck, etc.

5. Ditto Lance blowing kisses to the sky when he won the stage 2 days after that horrible day.

6. Frivolous: me doing my first 40mi ride (over Salisbury Plain) then going home & watching last
year's Prologue live on TV with more endorphins in my body that ever before :)

7. Oh, and Norwich City having Bayern Munich over at the Olympic Stadium, during the magic UEFA run!
So skint at the time that I only had 2 (straight) cigarettes & some lime cordial to celebrate
with that evening :-( Pure elation replace beer, for once...

--cb