Vote for Clarkson!

Wafflycathcsdir

Guest
Gone on, you know it makes sense :)

Go to Channel 4's site on the 100 Worst Britons and you can vote for Clarkson to be such! Go on, you
know you want to ;-)

http://www.channel4.co.uk/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greatest/britons/i ndex.html

or

http://tinyurl.com/6buy

Indeed you can even *add a name* to be included in the list... I wonder who could possibly, no,
don't go there :)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

> Gone on, you know it makes sense :)
>
> Go to Channel 4's site on the 100 Worst Britons and you can vote for
Clarkson
> to be such! Go on, you know you want to ;-)
>
> http://www.channel4.co.uk/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greatest/britons/i ndex.html
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6buy
>
> Indeed you can even *add a name* to be included in the list... I wonder
who
> could possibly, no, don't go there :)
>
> Cheers, helen s

Sorry Helen, can't do it.... 'fraid I have to admit to having a grudging admiration for anyone who
can be so self-indulgently hedonistic. Watching him foam at the mouth about the dreaded internal
combustion engine (the bigger, the better) certainly brightens my day up. His unbridled boyish
enthusiasm is a joy to behold. He didn't invent the thing, nor has he created the poor excuse for a
transport system that we have in this country. He is merely caught in the hypnotic spell that is
power !! ;-) Gordon Brown gets my vote !! Surely as he's a Scot and the Scots have self-governance
or some such thing now, he should bugger off back to Scotland and stop faffing about with other
countries affairs ?....(or is that me being naive and over simplistic ?) Cheers, Dave.

[email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Gone on, you know it makes sense :)
>
> Go to Channel 4's site on the 100 Worst Britons and you can vote for Clarkson to be such! Go on,
> you know you want to ;-)
>
> http://www.channel4.co.uk/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greatest/britons/i ndex.html
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6buy

Shame you only get a selection of 10 - I could've been ticking boxes all evening! Or am I just
getting cynical in my old age? By the way, it seems that Iain & Duncan Smith count as one choice ;-)

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

In message <[email protected]>, David E. Belcher
<[email protected]> writes
>Shame you only get a selection of 10 - I could've been ticking boxes all evening!
I couldn't find that Fiona creature on TV who puts me off my breakfast, she fills every place in
my top ten.
--
DP

On 24 Feb 2003 10:41:04 -0800, [email protected] (David E. Belcher) wrote:

>> Go to Channel 4's site on the 100 Worst Britons and you can vote for Clarkson to be such! Go on,
>> you know you want to ;-)

Too hard. Clarkson? Beadle? Thatchler? Tony Parsons? The ineffably tedious Tar Paulin[1]?
Michael Howard?

[1] A man so dull he is reduced to earning a living watching things he hates in order to whine about
them on Newsnight Review

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

On 24 Feb 2003 15:00:26 GMT, [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:

>Gone on, you know it makes sense :)

Helen

Sorry, but no go. I chose Trinny and Susannah - IMNSHO, both are jerks of the first order. I also
didn't get the point that one could vote for more than one nasty Brit so I shall have to revisit the
site and plonk a few more plonkers down. Did I see Jeremy Spake's name in there?

The unmentioned name I decided to add was my own ... and why not? I challenge anyone in this NG to
state that I have never been a pain in the proverbial ****.

James

PS Naturally, I reserve the right to add Clarkson's name to my list of ten.

--
A credit limit is NOT a target.

news:<[email protected]>...

> Too hard. Clarkson? Beadle? Thatchler? Tony Parsons? The ineffably tedious Tar Paulin[1]?
> Michael Howard?

I would have thought that Guy would have been tempted to add the name of a certain anti-speed limit
campaigner to the list.

--
Dave...

>I challenge anyone in this NG to state that I have never been a pain in the proverbial ****.

Well you've never been a pain to me sweetie!

Cheers, helen s :)

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

> Gone on, you know it makes sense :)
>
> Go to Channel 4's site on the 100 Worst Britons and you can vote for
Clarkson
> to be such! Go on, you know you want to ;-)
>
> http://www.channel4.co.uk/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greatest/britons/i ndex.html
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6buy
>
> Indeed you can even *add a name* to be included in the list... I wonder
who
> could possibly, no, don't go there :)
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> ~~~~~~~~~~
> Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending
> reply!
>
> Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the
keyboaRRRDdd
> ~~~~~~~~~~

PAUL SMITH! PAUL SMITH! PAUL SMITH!

... ... ...

sorry I got a bit carried away there! Clarkson in second place and Tony Parsons in third.

Pete White

In message id <[email protected]> on 24 Feb 2003 15:00:26 GMT,
wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote in uk.rec.cycling
:

>Gone on, you know it makes sense :)
>
>Go to Channel 4's site on the 100 Worst Britons and you can vote for Clarkson to be such! Go on,
>you know you want to ;-)

Jamie Oliver by a country mile.

;-(

"Pete White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "
> > ~~~~~~~~~~
>
> PAUL SMITH! PAUL SMITH! PAUL SMITH!

I presume you mean *that* Paul Smith, rather than the fashion designer bloke. Apparently, in his
younger years, the latter did a fair bit of racing whilst living in Nottingham - coincidentally,
fellow designer Jeff Banks [1] is also a keen cyclist!

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

[1] Always found him rather annoying in the past, probably due to his uncanny likeness to
irritating TV footie pundit Trevor Brooking. Banks later redeemed himself once I found out he
was a bike fan!

"David E. Belcher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Pete White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "
> > > ~~~~~~~~~~
> >
> > PAUL SMITH! PAUL SMITH! PAUL SMITH!
> >

> I presume you mean *that* Paul Smith, rather than the fashion designer bloke. Apparently, in his
> younger years, the latter did a fair bit of racing whilst living in Nottingham - coincidentally,
> fellow designer Jeff Banks [1] is also a keen cyclist!
>
> David E. Belcher
>
> Dept. of Chemistry, University of York
>
> [1] Always found him rather annoying in the past, probably due to his uncanny likeness to
> irritating TV footie pundit Trevor Brooking. Banks later redeemed himself once I found out he
> was a bike fan!

Nope, I certainly meant the 'newly revealed as a driving Nazi' version! Could there be any other?

Pete White