Vote for Redesign!

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by uniryder777, Oct 4, 2004.

  1. uniryder777

    uniryder777 Guest

    results, please visit http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/35420
    Question: Does the KH seat need a redesign?

    - Yes.. I have experienced problems with the bolts in this seat.
    - No. I am content with the current design and have had little or no
    trouble thus far.

    I love my Kris Holm seat.... the handle fits perfectly into my hand, its
    well designed for comfort and doesn't tear at your legs as long as your
    not touring on it. Its a well put together seat.... however: my one
    complaint is that the bolts connecting the seat with the seatpost are
    weak. I've heard many people complain about how the bolts in their seat
    broke when they tried to tighten them or that the caps would loosen
    frequently and I have experienced all of these things. Including the
    bolts becoming loose in their housings. This makes it nearly impossible
    to tighten the bolts when they do become loose.

    Therefore.... I am posting a poll to let the designers and the
    unicycling public know what I think should be fixed. Please... let me
    know if a redesign has been put it effect or considered that I am
    unaware of.

    Please vote if you have experience with this seat!

    --
    uniryder777 - Intermediate Trials Rider

    Bloody shins in CT!!!
    www.insane.unicyclist.com
    uniryder777's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1595

  2. daino149

    daino149 Guest

    I think all the issues you have posted are well known and Kris is
    working on fixing them.

    Great work Kris and keep the improvements coming.

    --
    daino149 - On Vacation - till i find a job

    Check out my pics: www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino Updated: 04.07.03
    Kaena
    Bugman - "if you are a little left of them, it would seem like they are
    on the right"
    Sig count: 2

    04.05.23 11214
    04.05.25 11284
    04.05.26 11329

  3. Yeah learn some pateince. Kris is aware that the seats could be a lot
    better. But have you seen the newest generation of seats? Much better
    than the previous ones. Every year they get better. Unfortunately, it is
    too expensive to implement all of these changes at once.

    --
    TheObieOne3226 - Judge me by my size, do you?

    [image: http://img54.exs.cx/img54/4743/yodaweedresize.jpg]

  4. phil

    phil Guest

    /me still has my seat from when they were first released

    /me still likes it a lot, it's come through a lot of punishment

    /me is happy

    Phil

    --
    phil - ex-studenty type

    "Cattle Prods solve most of life's little problems."
    phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915

  5. dubmuni2004

    dubmuni2004 Guest

    does the fusion seat only have the removeable cover? or does it have all
    that metal renforcement stuff too

    --
    dubmuni2004 - i need a more exciting avatar

    threre is a place, a place far from here. where unicyclists and
    unicycles play and sing together. and where the big bad slurpee throwers
    are non-existant. and where unicycle=pimp. and where the trails thrive
    and live. -the place i go when i ride-

    [email protected]
    dubmuni2004's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5837

  6. dubmuni2004

    dubmuni2004 Guest

    that doesnt help

    --
    dubmuni2004 - i need a more exciting avatar

    threre is a place, a place far from here. where unicyclists and
    unicycles play and sing together. and where the big bad slurpee throwers
    are non-existant. and where unicycle=pimp. and where the trails thrive
    and live. -the place i go when i ride-

    [email protected]
    dubmuni2004's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5837

  7. dubmuni2004

    dubmuni2004 Guest

    isnt the only improvement this year the new handle? help please

    --
    dubmuni2004 - i need a more exciting avatar

    threre is a place, a place far from here. where unicyclists and
    unicycles play and sing together. and where the big bad slurpee throwers
    are non-existant. and where unicycle=pimp. and where the trails thrive
    and live. -the place i go when i ride-

    [email protected]
    dubmuni2004's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5837

  8. daino149

    daino149 Guest

    As far as I know (which isn't much) is that the new saddles are narrower
    in the front (which I personally like), a better handle, and the
    removable cover. I'm not sure if they are any stronger, but I hope
    so.

    Daniel

    --
    daino149 - On Vacation - till i find a job

    Check out my pics: www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino Updated: 04.07.03
    Kaena
    Bugman - "if you are a little left of them, it would seem like they are
    on the right"
    Sig count: 2

    04.05.23 11214
    04.05.25 11284
    04.05.26 11329

  9. mikepenton

    mikepenton Guest

  10. pete66

    pete66 Guest

    It needs to be allenkey nuts on the underside of the seat because it's
    really hard to get at them with a spanner or socket set, especially when
    the KH brake bracket is in the way (notice how I've turned my seat post
    around).

    This generation of seat cover didn't last long in more ways than one.

    It is a great seat though, keep up the good work KH. I'm really looking
    forward to seeing the new frames/hubs.

    Pete

    | Attachment filename: khseat.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/238171|

    pete66 - Level 4 Unicyclist
    pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

  11. johnfoss

    johnfoss Guest

    mikepenton wrote:
    > *"vote" is a very unfortunate word to use.
    > you make it sound like a democracy rather than a product. *

    Yes, the poll-creation feature is available, but few people have put it
    to useful use. If anyone wants future versions of the KH saddle to *not*
    change, too bad for them. Let them keep a stash of current versions. The
    rest of us will be happy with the improvements that will continue to
    come out.

    The rate of improvement will probably be limited to about once a year,
    but any kind of improvement is a great thing. Before these seats, only
    Miyata regularly developed their product. Look at those Savage seats.
    Any R & D there? The "innovation" of metal bumpers on those seats came
    about 20 years ago, as an imitation of the bars on Miyata seats. But by
    then, Miyata had already been using their plastic bumpers for a few
    years.

    Schwinn has changed their unicycle seats *once* since 1967. This does
    not include cosmetic changes, such as going from a choice of colors to a
    choice of black or black.

    More choice, and improvement in seat designs, are very welcome things in
    the world of unicycling!

    --
    johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

    "It's good to find something that makes boys into men and men into boys,
    my opinion is that unicycling fits the bill." -- Lloyd Johnson

    "Read the rules!"
    'IUF Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/)
    'USA Rulebook' (http://www.unicycling.org/usa/competition/)

  12. dubmuni2004

    dubmuni2004 Guest

    once uni.com finally gets the miyata seats, will they have any
    improvements?