Vote for the better Fork...

mtnbkr86

Jan 10, 2007
Manitou Slate Comp w/preload (trek 6500) or RockShox Dart 1 w/preload (trek 6000). Thanks.

maxwellman1000 said:
Manitou Slate Comp fork is great..............i would go for it:):):)
Not so sure about RockShox Dart. I have a 4 year old Trek 6700 with RockShox Pilot. I can't seem to keep seals in the Pilot. I blew out the seals on the left side and had them replaced. Now the seals on the right side are gone. I'm hesitant to buy a bicycle with the Dart fork. Maybe the Tora would be stronger. Don't know. I'm thinking of buying a Trek 6500 with the Manitou Slate Comp.

I would say that they are both low end forks and it would be worth considering something like a marzocchi MX comp / pro. Even second hand these are probably the best budget forks abvailable, if a little weighty.

davebee said:
I would say that they are both low end forks and it would be worth considering something like a marzocchi MX comp / pro. Even second hand these are probably the best budget forks abvailable, if a little weighty.
Marzocchi naturally inspire confidance because they are strong forks. Yes, a little weighty but they will last.

If I were you Id personally go for a set of Rock Shox Toras. Probably the best combination of adjustments, function, strength and weight...you can have anything from travel adjust, rebound, preload,air...even handlebar mounted lock-out! A great entry-level fork at usually a great price.