Vote for the Weisel Weasel of your choice

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Oyvey1948, Aug 23, 2003.

  1. Oyvey1948

    Oyvey1948 Guest

    Tags:

  2. On 8/23/03 11:00 PM, in article [email protected], "oyvey1948"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Western section:
    >
    > Mike McCarthy

    Mike McCarthy is one of the few USPS Master's riders who did NOT move from Montgomery Securities to
    Thomas Weisel Partners ... I always got the feeling from him that he stayed behind to NOT be under
    Weisel's constant control.

    I'm also not convinced that Weisel getting involved with USA Cycling is a bad thing ...

    > Wayne Stetina
    >
    > http://www.uspsmasters.com/bios.shtml

    dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

  3. oyvey1948 wrote:
    > Western section:
    >
    > Mike McCarthy

    Mike McCarthy is a masters rider? I swear he was an intermediate last week.

    Steve

  4. oyvey1948 wrote:
    > Western section:
    >
    > Mike McCarthy
    >
    > Wayne Stetina
    >
    > http://www.uspsmasters.com/bios.shtml

    Nice to see some of those names again. I know nothing about Weisel--what makes them weasels?

    Steve

  5. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Steven Bornfeld <[email protected]> wrote:

    > oyvey1948 wrote:
    > > Western section:
    > >
    > > Mike McCarthy
    > >
    > > Wayne Stetina
    > >
    > > http://www.uspsmasters.com/bios.shtml
    >
    > Nice to see some of those names again. I know nothing about Weisel--what makes them
    > weasels?

    The fact that they've been involved in cycling more than half their lives and they want to help
    the sport.

    -WG

  6. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    warren <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Nice to see some of those names again. I know nothing about Weisel--what makes them
    >> weasels?

    > The fact that they've been involved in cycling more than half their lives and they want to help
    > the sport.

    Why would anyone who wants to help the sport run for something like the USCF Board? They do little
    more than make rules. Rule makers have a lot of leeway to damage the sport, far less to help.

    Bob Schwartz [email protected]

    Threw my ballot in the trash.