Vredstein Fortezza Tri Comps

Mtoverton

Guest
I am considering runnning Vredsteins Fortezza Tri Comp tires
this season on my road bike. I ran Michelins Iron Man tires
last year and liked them but thought I'd try something
different. I suspect that the Fortezza Tri Comps may have
less rolling resistance than the Michelins and they max out
at a psi about 25 lbs greater than the Michelins. A riding
partner of mine claims that he has heard that I will only
get 800 to 1000 miles out of the Vredsteins where as I have
2000 on the Michelins (they are in need of replacement).
Does anybody have any experience with the Vredstein Fortezza
Tri Comps out there on the road? Michael O.

> replacement). Does anybody have any experience with the
> Vredstein Fortezza Tri Comps out there on the road?
> Michael O.

http://www.roadbikereview.com/Tires-
Clincher/Vredestein,Fortezza,TriComp/PRD_33192_2489crx.aspx

news:[email protected]...

mtoverton wrote:
> they max out at a psi about 25 lbs greater than the
> Michelins.

I don't think you should consider this a factor. It's been
pointed out repeatedly in this newsgroup that above about
120 psi, rolling resistence doesn't decrease. Your comfort
and bike handling just get worse.

"mtoverton" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:
> I suspect that the Fortezza Tri Comps may have less
> rolling resistance than the Michelins and they max out at
> a psi about 25 lbs greater than the Michelins. A riding
> partner of mine claims that he has heard that I will only
> get 800 to 1000 miles out of the Vredsteins where as I
> have 2000 on the Michelins

Unless you're doing a time trial on smooth roads, maxing out
your pressure doesn't make sense. If you keep your tires at
the max all the time, you may get only 1000 miles.

Here's my $0.02- I have used tricomps for the last 3
years. I usually run them at about 125 psi and typically
get 2000 - 2500 miles out of them. They were originally
made in Holland, but now production is somewhere in Asia
as far as I know.

mtoverton wrote:
> I am considering runnning Vredsteins Fortezza Tri Comp
> tires this season on my road bike. I ran Michelins Iron
> Man tires last year and liked them but thought I'd try
> something different. I suspect that the Fortezza Tri Comps
> may have less rolling resistance than the Michelins and
> they max out at a psi about 25 lbs greater than the
> Michelins. A riding partner of mine claims that he has
> heard that I will only get 800 to 1000 miles out of the
> Vredsteins where as I have 2000 on the Michelins (they are
> in need of replacement). Does anybody have any experience
> with the Vredstein Fortezza Tri Comps out there on the
> road? Michael O.

I found them fairly heavy, hard to get on and off, and
punctured easily and the rear wore out faster than other
training tyres I've used I like the Veloflex (Pave)
tyres better.

Just my opinion

Peter

"Mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Here's my $0.02- I have used tricomps for the last 3
> years. I usually run them at about 125 psi and typically
> get 2000 - 2500 miles out of them. They were originally
> made in Holland, but now production is somewhere in Asia
> as far as I know.
>
> mtoverton wrote:
> > I am considering runnning Vredsteins Fortezza Tri Comp
> > tires this season
on
> > my road bike. I ran Michelins Iron Man tires last year
> > and liked them
but
> > thought I'd try something different. I suspect that the
> > Fortezza Tri
Comps
> > may have less rolling resistance than the Michelins and
> > they max out at
> > psi about 25 lbs greater than the Michelins. A riding
> > partner of mine
claims
> > that he has heard that I will only get 800 to 1000 miles
> > out of the Vredsteins where as I have 2000 on the
> > Michelins (they are in need of replacement). Does
> > anybody have any experience with the Vredstein
Fortezza
> > Tri Comps out there on the road? Michael O.

"mtoverton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am considering runnning Vredsteins Fortezza Tri Comp
> tires this season
on
> my road bike. I ran Michelins Iron Man tires last year
> and liked them but thought I'd try something different.
> I suspect that the Fortezza Tri Comps may have less
> rolling resistance than the Michelins and they max out
> at a psi about 25 lbs greater than the Michelins. A
> riding partner of mine
claims
> that he has heard that I will only get 800 to 1000 miles
> out of the Vredsteins where as I have 2000 on the
> Michelins (they are in need of replacement). Does anybody
> have any experience with the Vredstein Fortezza Tri Comps
> out there on the road? Michael O.

I went the opposite direction from you. I rode Tricomps for
years and loved the ride> But got I tired of the threads
always unraveling from the sidewall bead. This was a real
problem in Seattle where they got wet all the time. I like
the Michelin ProRace or Ironman tires just as much and don't
have this problem. Also, I've heard the Tricomps changed
since production started in Asia.

Kendall

Yeah the Asian production aspect of Vreds has me a bit concerned about
quality control. I don't have any issues with the Ironmans, just thought I
might try something different. I'll probably stick with what I know works
well after the feedback from this group. Too many comments on troubles with
the sidewalls on the Tricomps, from bubbles to plain old cosmetic issues.
mto