Vuelta 2 : Cipo DNS

"Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> If DV does well in the Veulta, however, it could be a tough call to block their invitation next
> year. 4 riders in the top 30 today, Miguel Martin 4th, isn't shabby.

The only reason they were going to block DV is because they wanted the rainbow jersey there.

Next year, The Lion Queen won't have the arc en ciel, therefore the issues of this year
will be dead.

"Daniel Connelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Well, it was a time trial, not a "road stage". It used to be the convention that the TT champion
> could only wear his jersey during pure time trials, not time trial stages. But that was changed
> in, I believe, 1996. This implies the road champion won't wear his jersey on these stages.
>
> Dan

The ITT has not been a World's event for much longer than that. What was the first year? Wasn't in
1995? IIRC Indurain won the first running of it (or Boardman?).

I guess I should head on out to the UCI web site...

my newspaper says he left the hotel in suit and tie and grinned "mission accomplished" (in french)
to the press that happened to be around.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/atrios/Bush_villagepeople.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/atrios/bunnypants.jpg

--
tanx, Howard

"Head of a cat, body of a monkey, Here comes a plague upon the land." The Billy Nayer Show

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?