Vuelta a Murcia thread

tcklyde

Dec 17, 2003
Stage 2:

Valverde attacked at the top of the Cat. 1 Alto De La Perdiz and took eight others (mostly Spanish) to the line where he won the sprint! Good early season form from the man I've -- perhaps foolishly -- called to win this year's TdF.

Several notable names got dropped from the lead group on this climb: Vino, Menchov, Mayo. Though it's still very early in the season, nothing to read too much into.

Tomorrow, Stage 3: 21 km TT. This might be a decent early season hint about the TT form of young guns Cunego and Valverde.

tcklyde said:
Stage 2:

Valverde attacked at the top of the Cat. 1 Alto De La Perdiz and took eight others (mostly Spanish) to the line where he won the sprint! Good early season form from the man I've -- perhaps foolishly -- called to win this year's TdF.

Several notable names got dropped from the lead group on this climb: Vino, Menchov, Mayo. Though it's still very early in the season, nothing to read too much into.

Tomorrow, Stage 3: 21 km TT. This might be a decent early season hint about the TT form of young guns Cunego and Valverde.

I hope Valverde doesnt do too much too early.
Otherwise he is my favorite up and coming rider.
Big article in Velo News about Spanish riders trying (and failing) to live up to Indurains legacy.

tcklyde said:
Stage 2:

Murcia tends to be a bit of an odd ball event.
It tends to throw up extremes : guys who should be going well, don't.
Guys who have no form to speak of do well (which is great, i think).

Valverde looks like he's wintered well!

Just looking at the result of stage 2 again : a lot of big names down the field.
Totschnig was one.
Beat Zbwerg, Marc Wauters.

Two names caught my eye : VDB and that former top10 TDF rider Kurt Van Der Wouwer.
I always liked Van Der Wouwer : he seems to have gone off the boil in the last few seasons.

limerickman said:
Just looking at the result of stage 2 again : a lot of big names down the field.
Totschnig was one.
Beat Zbwerg, Marc Wauters.

Two names caught my eye : VDB and that former top10 TDF rider Kurt Van Der Wouwer.
I always liked Van Der Wouwer : he seems to have gone off the boil in the last few seasons.
VDB will probebly test his form at one of the stages, as he did in Andalucia (Ruta Del Sol). This afternoon i will do a live-ticker on www.cyclingheroes.info again.

Stage 3 : Iles Balears scored a win today in the ITT with Guitterrez winning.
He beat some quality ITT'ists : Vino, Bruseghin, Vicioso.
VDB finished 18th : good for him.

Mr Van Der Wouwer finished way down the field.
Why has this guy gone so far off the boil??

Tomorrow (today really :p) should be very interesting, mountain top finish, will show us which climbers are really in form to drop the field and win.

Eldrack said:
Tomorrow (today really :p) should be very interesting, mountain top finish, will show us which climbers are really in form to drop the field and win.

Valverde? Cunego, perhaps??

If there are a group of climbers together at the finish then its Valverde or Cunego, they have the stronger finishes. However there are some good climbers who could attack and drop these two on the climb so who knows.

both valverde and cunego showe some early season form it appears. unfortunately I am stuck reading cyclingnews unless my cyclinghero has another link to free video, particuarly of the big climb and the tt?

barnstorm said:
those videos are of the course with no bikes and no bike races. It's just a video tour of the route. Is there a video of the bike race?
I don't know i watched it at sunday (clikcked at video) and had a video of the race....