Vuelta Espana - 2005

whiteboytrash said:
Calm down you blokes... watch the coverage before commenting.... Landis was in the lead group but punctured and had to wait for his team car which was behind the peleton.. then his gears got stuck after the wheel change.....

As for Botero... there is a big difference between the
Dauphine and the Tour so don't even think of comparing them.... Botero rode well in the Tour.. its just a hell of lot bigger race that goes a lot faster......
The coverage didn`t show Landis puncturing and waiting for a team car. It looks like you know about it..so he had a puncture on the descent? So unlucky..

I don`t know what did you want to say about Botero, but he won`t win a mountain stage..that`s for sure..at least for tomorrow. TT stage is the only one he can win.

If I recall Botero was the only man who could stay with Vino - when Vino won that epic mountain stage in this years TDF.

Granted he's not a pure climber but he can go well - and he has been going well in the Vuelta this year.

Botero was heralded as a great climber when he was at Kelme.

limerickman said:
If I recall Botero was the only man who could stay with Vino - when Vino won that epic mountain stage in this years TDF.

Granted he's not a pure climber but he can go well - and he has been going well in the Vuelta this year.

Vino was allowed to get away that day by Disco because he was not a threat to the overall. Everyone was tired from the day before on COurchevel. Surprising T Mobile didnt chase him down :), they did every other time he attacked, probably because of that day over the Madeleine, Telegraphe, and Galibier.

Vino is not a top tier climber so for Botero to stay with him is not a noted accomplishment. It was a great win for Vino, no doubt. Botero himself had done a similar one in the Tour stage to Briancon in 1999. Alone. And he HAD been heralded as a climber when on Kelme but never lived up to it the way Heras and other have.

limerickman said:

I agree, he was great in the past, but now he`s far away from top climbers. But don`t understand me wrong, he is still good climber, especially if he`s in good shape (remember Tour of Romandie..he impressed me a lot more there as on TdF), but as I said, in his present shape, his real chances are just in TT.

You must consider that GC riders had a picnic ride on Galibier stage when he was 2nd and Vino had won.

Virenque said:
The coverage didn`t show Landis puncturing and waiting for a team car. It looks like you know about it..so he had a puncture on the descent? So unlucky..

I don`t know what did you want to say about Botero, but he won`t win a mountain stage..that`s for sure..at least for tomorrow. TT stage is the only one he can win.
I love Slovenia, Bled and Bohinj and they are my second homes so I'll go easy on you.... :eek:)

No coverage didn't show it but race radio said it and the commentators informed the viewers...... so yes he punctured.....

Agreed Botero could win the TT and hang on the mountains until the final climb but someone said he 'crapped' it in the Tour which he didn't... were they exspecting him to win ?

You are so right..... winning a stage of the Tour de France is fairly simple stuff..... especially when other teams let you win..... oh please save me from this....

hombredesubaru said:
Vino was allowed to get away that day by Disco because he was not a threat to the overall. Everyone was tired from the day before on COurchevel. Surprising T Mobile didnt chase him down :), they did every other time he attacked, probably because of that day over the Madeleine, Telegraphe, and Galibier.

Vino is not a top tier climber so for Botero to stay with him is not a noted accomplishment. It was a great win for Vino, no doubt. Botero himself had done a similar one in the Tour stage to Briancon in 1999. Alone. And he HAD been heralded as a climber when on Kelme but never lived up to it the way Heras and other have.

How do you manage to get it wrong - each and every time ?

hombredesubaru said:
Vino was allowed to get away that day by Disco because he was not a threat to the overall. .

Hmm, really ?
Allowed ? By whom ?
Oh I get it the PR Disco machine - said he was allowed to get away, right ?
The same PR machine that claimed that their No I rider never took...............
(why bother ?)

hombredesubaru said:
Surprising T Mobile didnt chase him down :), they did every other time he attacked, probably because of that day over the Madeleine, Telegraphe, and Galibier.

That was the day I was referring to.
But you get it wrong, as per usual.

hombredesubaru said:
.And he HAD been heralded as a climber when on Kelme but never lived up to it the way Heras and other have.

When on Kelme ? On Kelme ? Is Kelme a mountain ?
I always thought Kelme was a cycling team.

I would take Botero over any member of the Discovery team. He is a great rider, and now that he's escaped from the wilderness that is T-Mobile you'll see more great things from him over the next couple of years. Will he win a GT? I doubt it, but very few riders ever do. He'll be a factor though and he has the ability to make any stage or any race exciting.

He has been a favourite of mine since his Polka Dot performance in the 2000 TDF. Not only did he win the spots but he was a major factor on the transition stages as well. He has guts and is not afraid to take a chance. I'll be cheering for him all the way to Madrid.

velofan said:
I would take Botero over any member of the Discovery team. He is a great rider, and now that he's escaped from the wilderness that is T-Mobile you'll see more great things from him over the next couple of years. Will he win a GT? I doubt it, but very few riders ever do. He'll be a factor though and he has the ability to make any stage or any race exciting.

He has been a favourite of mine since his Polka Dot performance in the 2000 TDF. Not only did he win the spots but he was a major factor on the transition stages as well. He has guts and is not afraid to take a chance. I'll be cheering for him all the way to Madrid.

yeah i have alot of time for Botero too.He has an interesting background for a pro bike racer.

Roadrash Dunc said:
yeah i have alot of time for Botero too.He has an interesting background for a pro bike racer.
You mean coming from Medellin? ;)

Or the BMX thing? :rolleyes:

whiteboytrash said:
I love Slovenia, Bled and Bohinj and they are my second homes so I'll go easy on you.... :eek:)

No coverage didn't show it but race radio said it and the commentators informed the viewers...... so yes he punctured.....

Agreed Botero could win the TT and hang on the mountains until the final climb but someone said he 'crapped' it in the Tour which he didn't... were they exspecting him to win ?
Hehe who would think that..:D My grandmother lives in Bled so it`s my second home too.:)

Back to Landis and his puncutre..where he punctured? At the foot or on the descent? Then we can finnish that topic.

Botero crapped in sense of a GC contender! He was 51st nearly 2 hours back.

velofan said:
You mean coming from Medellin? ;)

Or the BMX thing? :rolleyes:
No his father worked for the CIA ! I think he also has a degree in astro physics or something and only rode bikes for fun until he became really good at it....

Virenque said:
Hehe who would think that..:D My grandmother lives in Bled so it`s my second home too.:)

Back to Landis and his puncutre..where he punctured? At the foot or on the descent? Then we can finnish that topic.

Botero crapped in sense of a GC contender! He was 51st nearly 2 hours back.
Lucky you on Bled.... I was lucky enough to stay at the Grand Hotel Toplice last time I was there... stunning views..... I can never get enough of that place.... I must go there in winter when it’s snowing.......

Ok, Landis... my understanding who punctured on the decent.... from the pictures I could see they weren't letting team cars through as the gap was around 22" at the time... I couldn't see the neutral service car either but the filming was very bad ! They had a guy on the motor bike at the front of the lead group who couldn't hold the camera straight ! Dave Harmon the commenter who used to be a cycling cameraman for Channel 4 was none to pleased ! He kept making jokes
like; 'Ah... great shot of the side road railing there... oh look its green !" and "great shots of the of the road, unfortunately cant make out the type of asphalt it is because the motorbike is going at 100mph...."

Agreed Botero finished a long way down but I think some of that was when his GC chances slipped he rode for Landis and also he lost his mental will.....

Landis quits! Guess he didn't think he could get his usual 8th place.

Actually, they're dropping like flys today! Mcgee will be lucky to have any teammates left by the end of today :eek:

whiteboytrash said:
No his father worked for the CIA ! I think he also has a degree in astro physics or something and only rode bikes for fun until he became really good at it....
That's interesting! Thanks for the info :cool:

23kms to go---6 man break up over 5 minutes! I can't believe they aren't bringing them back!

Let's see who attacks on the cat 1 :)

Damn I totally forgot (haha that happens when you have just to much cyling on the television!).....I will watch now......

velofan said:
23kms to go---6 man break up over 5 minutes! I can't believe they aren't bringing them back!

Let's see who attacks on the cat 1 :)

MJtje said:
Damn I totally forgot (haha that happens when you have just to much cyling on the television!).....I will watch now......
very funny.......*****:p

;)
:D

Nice stage and Heras will win the Vuelta as I can see it now......his closest challenger like I predicted in the beginning could be Menchov...

So who's the better TT'er (both are not the best in it!).......anyone?

Funny note from the commentators of Sporza about Tom Danielson: he doesn't know what to do sometimes in a race....during stage 1 on that last climb demol said ''just stay with heras''.......but when he was in a group without heras he waited cause he didn't no what to do haha.....

And also in the race he's constantly talking to demol what to eat, when to eat and when to this and that...........Hans de clerq (ex-pro and commentator sporza) said that he definitely has a lot of lessons to learn, but he said no doubt danielson has a big motor.......

velofan said:
very funny.......*****:p

;)
:D

Great to see Beloki have a solid ride today. 2:06 back after working for Heras on the last climb.