vuelta mega drive saddle

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by den911, Jun 15, 2003.

  1. den911

    den911 New Member

    Joined:
    May 14, 2003
    the saddle on my trek 7400 fx , after a good 1500 miles is still causing me alot of pain and discomfort now is the time to replace been searching net for a saddle that will solve my prob or make life a bit easier . i have found a vuelta mega drive saddle wich sounds and looks the biz price £33. i love cycling long distance but this is really getting me down , before i invest my hard earned money i would really apreciate any input or advice from anyone with same prob . this new saddle is needed pretty urgent . cheers deenis

    Tags:

  2. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    den911 wrote:
    > the saddle on my trek 7400 fx , after a good 1500 miles is still causin=
    > me alot of pain and discomfort now is the time to replace been searchin=
    > net for a saddle that will solve my prob or make life a bit easier . i have found a vuelta mega
    > drive saddle wich sounds and looks the biz price =A333. i love cycling long distance but this is
    > really getting me=

    > down , before i invest my hard earned money i would really apreciate an=
    > input or advice from anyone with same prob .

    Saddles are personal things, and what's right for someone else isn't=20 necessarily of any benefit
    to you. I like Brooks saddles, others don't; =

    others like Specialized Body Geometry, they cripple me, and so on.

    The only way to be sure is try alternatives out. A good bike shop=20 should let you do this, and as
    well as a quick try of several round the=20 block a few times, let you take back the purchase after
    a week or so if=20 longer rides prove it's still not the right one.

    One further comment is that high tech and/or squidgy aren't necessarily=20 any better, and indeed
    may be worse. Brooks are preferred by a sizeable =

    chunk of the long distance touring population, yet they have thick=20 leather stretched over a steel
    frame and no padding, and people picking=20 them up in a shop for the first time usually comment you
    could play=20 cricket with one. Shape is the most important feature, and padding just =

    tends to compress and too much will put pressure back on more pliable=20 bits of your
    nether regions.

    Pete. --=20 Peter Clinch University of Dundee Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics,
    Ninewells Hospital Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK net [email protected]
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/