Vuelta on the horizon

T

tyler_rules

After such a great TdF I'm really looking forward to the Vuelta. There are alot of names to throw out as possible contenders.

Obviously if Jan shows up he's a strong favorite. Aitor Gonzalez might have a shot at defending his title based on the course, but he hasn't shown good legs except for a couple stages of the Giro. Roberto Heras hasn't shown good legs either this year and this course really doesn't suit him. Not enough leg busting climbs. A rider that can TT well and has just good climbing legs can take the Vuelta this year. What about this Peccharoman kid? After beating Roberto earlier at the Volta a Catalunya many people are expecting big things. Sevilla is basically getting his season started and finished at the Vuelta. Zubeldia might be a favorite but no one has shown the recent ability to place well in 2 grand tours in one year. Beloki's absence will definitely hurt ONCE. I don't think IGG is a podium contender but he may be on a mission after his injury and TdF ban. Casagrande, Millar, Beltran, are all names that should finish high and wouldn't be a suprise on the podium.

What does everyone else think? I can't wait for the Vuelta to get rolling.

yeah looks like a good course
saw the stage of the tour of burgos yesterday , was hoping to see pecharoman but he finnished 10 mins down. gonzales was at the front of the leading bunch as was casero,sevilla and millar were a few mins down and heras was about 5 mins down. those gaps are pretty decieving though as the peleton let a break go on stage 1 that finnished 25 mins clear.anothermountain top finnish today so we might see the top guys going for it ?

id agree that ulrich would be the favourite for the vuelta but can see it being closely contested, and gonzales could run him close.

Zubeldia might be a favorite but no one has shown the recent ability to place well in 2 grand tours in one year.

wasn't beloki in the top 5 in botht he vuelta and tour last year?

yeah the vuelta will be very good mth9is year as it is every year since i got eurosport. i can't wait.

sadly it startes oin the 6th and i'm back to college on the 15th so that's a bollocks.

Pachorman i think ewill be strong for it, is ullrich actually riding it?

my top tip is for Igor Gonzales de Galdeano as he should have the unqyuestioned support of thew whole ONCE team and as this is ONCE's last major stage race, they'll be wanting to go out on a high

my podium prediction:
1: Igor Gonzales de Galdeano
2: Oscar Sevilla
3: Aitor Gonzales

yeah , La Vuelta will surely be great with many top class riders (named above) fighting it out for the gold jersey.

I've heard that zubeldia, mayo, ullrich and armstrong will not be there.

Hi All

Being new to cycling, does anyone know of a daily email digest that gives you the news on cycling around the globe? I know that www.cyclingnews.com is an excellent source but most times I can only get to my mail and not browse.

I am keen to follow the vuelta after such a good TDF.

Dave