Vuelta on TV?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Sm, Sep 4, 2003.

  1. Sm

    Sm Guest

    Anyone know if there is any chance of the Vuelta being shown in Aus?

    Tags:

  2. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    "SM" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone know if there is any chance of the Vuelta being shown in Aus?

    Yeah, it's Stage 10-ish now right? Where can I get (pref. free) video coverage of it?

    Anyone following the race on cyclingnews, etc?

    hippy

  3. RideToEat

    RideToEat New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2003
    Yeah, it's just amazing how many unfamiliar names (particularly Spaniards) are doing well. Is this because the "big names" aren't there, or is the local knowledge that important there? Or just that I'm ignorant? :)

    I don't get a chance to see it these days, but you might catch a result, and even a couple of shots on SBS World Sports. Or if you live in Melbourne, Cogs in Elwood might be showing stages live. It's a good way to spend Saturday night.

  4. Andrew Swan

    Andrew Swan Guest

    RideToEat wrote:
    > Yeah, it's just amazing how many unfamiliar names (particularly Spaniards) are doing well. Is this
    > because the "big names" aren't there, or is the local knowledge that important there? Or just that
    > I'm ignorant? :)

    Try asking on rec.bicycles.racing - they will more likely know the answer, if you don't mind the
    odd flame.

    &roo