Vuelta on Universal Sports

Lucy 7

Mar 1, 2007
Universal Sports will broadcast the Vuelta, live daily. Good news for US fans.

That is good news

It might help detract from the TDF-centric focus of some supporters too.

Best news this year that we have a channel beside VS** is carrying cycling. Even better is that they're going to stream it on the net. For the Giro I came in extra early to work and my boss and colleagues were impressed. :D Well they should prepare for another good showing by me in September. Maybe I'm going to get a raise or promotion out of it too. :D:D:D

**VS seems to be interested in mostly redneck sports, so I never understand their interest in cycling. It just doesn't seem to fit in their portfolio.

Cobblestones said:
Best news this year that we have a channel beside VS** is carrying cycling. Even better is that they're going to stream it on the net. For the Giro I came in extra early to work and my boss and colleagues were impressed. :D Well they should prepare for another good showing by me in September. Maybe I'm going to get a raise or promotion out of it too. :D:D:D

**VS seems to be interested in mostly redneck sports, so I never understand their interest in cycling. It just doesn't seem to fit in their portfolio.

don't hold me to this, but i think it's because of the comcast/spectravision/ed snider connnection. philly/jersey has always had that die hard maniacal interest in cycling that goes quite a ways back.